Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone suggest a good book to read?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thimble Keegan said:
This coming from someone who puts his Mario Kart record lap on his signature.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Can you beat that time? No?

then shut it! :p :lolol:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
If you like books on terrorism this and its follow up are make excellent reading.

Attachments

• stormcrow.jpg
    stormcrow.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 87

Le Tigre

Apr 6, 2008
I've just finished "Rich Deserts and the Captain's Thin" by Margaret Forster, which is about the history of the biscuit industry in Carlisle. It's genuinely more interesting than it sounds.

However I appreciate you might be after something fictional, so I can most strongly advocate "The House of Sleep" by Jonathan Coe, or "Amsterdam" by Ian McEwan (who's written loads of good novels), or anything by David Lodge (who's written even more. They're all about students and sex and catholicism and guilt.)

"The Connections" is a another great Jonanthan Coe read or i just finished "Running with Scissors" by Augusten Burroughs - a boy is fostered by his mother psychiatrist and goes to live with his bizzare family and there Freudian ideas. Black humour and eye brow raising tales- certainly not Misery fiction.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
It may be an old thread Roz but to give it some recent relevance

110 best books: The perfect library - Telegraph

this links to a list of the 110 book which according to the telegraph make up the perfect library.

How many have you read? (not you Roz in particular but the general you)

I did a quick flick through the list and came up with 17 if you don't count Delia smith (I have never read it just used it for checking correct cooking temps and times etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here