Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone sign Murray in January?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How can u be so sure? Seems unlikely but not impossible
Because he won't sign for anyone else so Bournemouth can't sell him, and will just end up with the sulky version of Glenn, not the happy player we have. At the moment Bournemouth and Eddie in particular are saving face and also cash.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ifr you are not prepared to say either he wont be going anywhere or he could be going why bother to post that you spoke to him about it? Is it a case of look at me he talks to me.

I don't think that he would chat willingly or otherwise to too many people, he's a loner is our Glenn.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bournemouth hold Murray's registration despite his being out on loan but they cannot recall him unless we agree.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Can't somebody just Ask The Club outright at the weekly press conference? Now if only we had a locally born and bred 'journalist' worthy of the name on here, they could earn themselves a simple tap-in of a scoop. But we don't.

Oh dear God, please don't entice him.:laugh:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bournemouth hold Murray's registration despite his being out on loan but they cannot recall him unless we agree.

Yes, and added to that is whether or not a clause was inserted into the original agreement between the clubs that reflects your point.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I spoke to Glenn in an off the record basis about this on Saturday. It was a private conversation that won't be published.

Let's not worry eh ;)

It's okay. Most know the rules anyway. Why mention an 'off the record conversation' at all ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The concern on here for the well being of Glenn's relationship is so touching and quite a funny read. Like anyone gives a shit for anything except the hope that he doesn't move on.

Technically he can't move if he is on a season long loan. That said - Anyone wanting to sign him would only need to agree to meet any penalty that a selling club were hit by and that would get round the regulations but I cant see many doing that because it is untested and no one knows how severe those penalties might be. That's because these are all new rules

If he signed for a new club breaking any of these rules then playing for the new club could potentially be points deduction implications. Its not been tested and I don't think anyone really knows for sure.

And this is a genuine question to people. I don't know the answer. Which club holds a players ''Registration'' during a ''year long loan'' ? The answer to that would probably determine who holds ultimate control.

And on top of all that Murray himself could choose not to go to any potential buyer

I thought it was in the rules that they can be recalled in the Jan window so technically he can be recalled?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought it was in the rules that they can be recalled in the Jan window so technically he can be recalled?

There are 9 month loans and season long loans. I thought Murray was a season long loan but I don't know for sure what terms his loan is

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There are 9 month loans and season long loans. I thought Murray was a season long loan but I don't know for sure what terms his loan is

Can you find out?! I thought there was just half season loans and while season loans and there was a recall option in Jan for season ones. New rules eh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here