Can anyone repair / recommend someone that can fix my GAS HOB?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
One of the knobs (oo-er) has stuck on 'off' on one of the hobs. I'd rather not bin the unit and replace it so can anyone recommend someone that might be able to fix it in the Brighton area?

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
It may just be the plastic that has gone, i.e. knob is turning but not turning the spindle underneath. If that's the case contact the manufacturers and get a new knob (they just pull off)
If the spindle is stuck you can usually purchase those from the manufacturers aswell although you'll need to get a gas safe engineer to fit it. Spindles on older gas cookers were easy to repair (just unscrew, clean and re-grease with molecote), newer one's are sometimes more difficult.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
It may just be the plastic that has gone, i.e. knob is turning but not turning the spindle underneath. If that's the case contact the manufacturers and get a new knob (they just pull off)
If the spindle is stuck you can usually purchase those from the manufacturers aswell although you'll need to get a gas safe engineer to fit it. Spindles on older gas cookers were easy to repair (just unscrew, clean and re-grease with molecote), newer one's are sometimes more difficult.

The knob has stuck fast, it doesn't spin at all and I'm not really up for trying with pliers incase I break it!

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Sounds like the spindle mate, it may be repairable, maybe not. Your best bet is to ring the makers as they may call out and repair for a set fee. If you have to pay any more than 50 or 60 quid I'd bin it and get a new one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports