Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone recommend a (wedding) photographer?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Would very strongly recommend Richard Lemon: as long as you get him - very imaginitive photos - not the cheapest, but excellent

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Same here. The guy is an IT Contractor at UBS. He's raking it in! It was a free bar all night though, so at least they spread the money around.

Fair enough that he can afford that much but we just wanted a fairly simple one as better things to spend the money on.

Free bar though good effort:thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I could recommend not getting married.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
You really do get what you pay for with wedding photography so I'd seriously recommend being very suspicious of anyone who can offer a "bargain". If you know a very talented amateur - young Dover springs to mind here - then fine, he'll almost certainly offer you a very reasonable price. Otherwise be very cautious because there are far too many crap snappers out there who think that wedding photography is an easy little earner.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I'm going to bounce this thread because the future Mrs Of Pevensey Bay and I have just set the date for our nuptials. They will be in a TOP CENTRAL BRIGHTON BN1 LOCATION at the end of June next year.

One of the things we're taking into consideration is the photographer's ability to organise about a hundred guests into groups of varying sizes and arrange them nicely -- this is why I've decided against getting one of my mates to do it. He's a very good photographer but I suspect he'd just want to perve at the bridesmaids and not get on with the job.

Anyway -- how far in advance did you all book your snappers? Some crazy wedding planning website called confetti.co.uk is telling us we should have done it A MONTH AGO.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Anyway -- how far in advance did you all book your snappers? Some crazy wedding planning website called confetti.co.uk is telling us we should have done it A MONTH AGO.

Sorry, but a year in advance is about right, they get booked up very quickly indeed!

I would recommend Kevin Watkins Photography... http://www.kwphoto.co.uk did an excellent job at our wedding at Gatwick Manor, and had to organise the guests as one of our ushers didnt actually realise that was part of his job :lolol:

Good luck...

Edit: Just tried to go to the website and it is down! So much for my recommendation!

Last edited:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
my mate is a keen pap, er photographer, I have seen some good pics of various subjects, inc a wedding - posed and candid shots.

it may have helped as he know people, rather than being 'rent a stranger..'

he's out of work soon, so may well be doing more of tgis, full time -
also available for birthdays, barmitzvahs..

..and some cracking hand made garden furniture, too!
(where's the ker-ching avatar??)

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
One of the things we're taking into consideration is the photographer's ability to organise about a hundred guests into groups of varying sizes and arrange them nicely.

We are writing lists of the groups we want and giving it to the photographer in advance. The Bestman and Ushers will then help with arranging this with the photographer. Also doing informal shots of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here