Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can ANYONE explain the removal of PRINT AT HOME option...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How many bronze members are there? I also assume that there's a requirement for Young Seagulls Plus members to be accompanied by adults so not sure how they can purchase anyway.
Just trying to gauge what the demand will really be from tomorrow until Monday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Surely 'booking fees' are only there to cover the actual cost of physically printing and posting out tickets?

No, booking fee is a charge to add straight to the bottom line.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just your last few words made me think, I do hope those cards can still be used vs Arsenal for buying pies etc otherwise the catering will be carnage. Just means I have to take my paper ticket and my ST card which is even more frustrating.

No, you've highlighted a massive fail on your part. See website. For pies you need a 3D printer, you print you're pie, subject to availability, and bring it with you. You must also 3D print your seat, unless you are in 1901, in which case the club will supply 3D printers but you must bring your own ink.

I'm also using the iPiss app on my phone should I need to relieve myself after I've mixed all the components I need to bring from home to create a Summery drink!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I got a nice email from the club today called "PRINT AT HOME TICKET GUIDE"

Looks like the club are expecting problems at the turnstiles on matchday!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's all a load of bollocks. A ticket purchase is logged in a database. It shouldn't matter what you do with it.

Print at home, load to your season ticket card, turn up with a purchase number. Whatever.

Transaction number x was for Mr. X in Seat X.

Simples.

I reckon it must be something to do with the creation of the pdfs/mailouts instead.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I got a nice email from the club today called "PRINT AT HOME TICKET GUIDE"

Looks like the club are expecting problems at the turnstiles on matchday!
I need to see the video.

There seems to be some ambiguity about colour printing. They say it has to be "black ink" but is that just the barcode?

Advising us to get there early. Do they know something?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
My printer is out of action and knew I wouldn't have the chance to replace it when I bought my ticket. Reading this, I reckon the £1.50 for the proper ticket that is already in my wallet was very well spent.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I have printed out my ticket just in case but I am going to try zooming in on the barcode on my iPhone and putting that under the scanner. This is more common for cinemas ect now so I see no reason why it should'nt work.

I will confirm after.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My printer is out of action and knew I wouldn't have the chance to replace it when I bought my ticket. Reading this, I reckon the £1.50 for the proper ticket that is already in my wallet was very well spent.

Likewise, I waited till Monday, phoned for tickets and they arrived the next day.

Although I'm sure all will be fine at the turnstiles, it's just a ruse to get people in earlier and spend more cash.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thanks. They seem to have sorted out the dodgy link. Seems that colour printing is fine provided the barcode is done in black ink (which it will be assuming the printer is functioning properly).

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I have another beef. Details of my wife's disability "didn't carry over" from last time, although all her other details did. So, no disabled parking space and no ticket for her carer.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I've successfully printed at home loads of times since it started. The immediate problem is the printer is out of one of the colours, so it won't print. There are other factors in this story, just details which can be overcome before tomorrow night, so no worries about the ticket.
I have a question of scanner experts on here. I have taken a photo of my ticket PDF bar-code, if they would allow you to scan it at the gate, would it work? It's very clear and obviously you can alter the size to suit, the gap under the scanner head is certainly big enough to get the phone under, so I tend to think it would work fine. Thoughts?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I've successfully printed at home loads of times since it started. The immediate problem is the printer is out of one of the colours, so it won't print. There are other factors in this story, just details which can be overcome before tomorrow night, so no worries about the ticket.
I have a question of scanner experts on here. I have taken a photo of my ticket PDF bar-code, if they would allow you to scan it at the gate, would it work? It's very clear and obviously you can alter the size to suit, the gap under the scanner head is certainly big enough to get the phone under, so I tend to think it would work fine. Thoughts?

I do this all the time at plenty of other venues without a hitch. Unless someone has sold the club the worst functioning barcode scanners in the history of barcode scanners it'll be fine.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I do this all the time at plenty of other venues without a hitch. Unless someone has sold the club the worst functioning barcode scanners in the history of barcode scanners it'll be fine.

I suspected that's why the gap at the scan head is much larger than it needs to be for a sheet of paper, to accommodate phones.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I suspected that's why the gap at the scan head is much larger than it needs to be for a sheet of paper, to accommodate phones.

Occasionally you may need to turn the brightness of your phone screen up to get it to read properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here