Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can ANYONE explain the removal of PRINT AT HOME option...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The inevitable 30 minute delayed kick-off will happen.

So if you decided to print your PDF twice and someone entered the ground before you does it pick this up ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it becaue they've decided to limit the number of print at home tickets to a specific percentage (now reached), so as to limit the hold-ups at the turnstyles because of poorly printed bar-codes that don't scan?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The inevitable 30 minute delayed kick-off will happen.

So if you decided to print your PDF twice and someone entered the ground before you does it pick this up ?

Yes. In the same way you can't swipe your ST card twice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But this was OBVIOUS and pointed out as soon as they announced the lack of a loading onto ST cards option. Surely they would have spotted that??

You'd have thought so for sure. But with the ST application deadline just about to expire, seems like a bit of a coincidence that the print at home option is being withdrawn at the same time as ticket applications are being thrown open to non-STH.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Probably getting too much hassle from people who hadn't received the email/couldn't print it out/run out of toner etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely that is on there to recover the cost to the club of credit card fees for collecting the money via a card?

The print at home ticket cost the fan nothing extra everybody would have had to pay by credit card which will incur the club a fee of x% on every transaction. If 15,000 fans paid on average £40 a tickets at say 0.5% that's £3,000.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is it becaue they've decided to limit the number of print at home tickets to a specific percentage (now reached), so as to limit the hold-ups at the turnstyles because of poorly printed bar-codes that don't scan?

or they just woken up to the fact that there will be gazillions of errors

or

I print a couple for my mates too. They go in - I come along and can't get in which leads to almighty kerfuffle and demands of ......... wouldn't need many of those!

Will be interesting to see several thousand 'fans' wandering around the concourses during the game

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You'd have thought so for sure. But with the ST application deadline just about to expire, seems like a bit of a coincidence that the print at home option is being withdrawn at the same time as ticket applications are being thrown open to non-STH.

I'd go with that - the identity of those sent tickets by mail or collecting from the ticket office can be far more easily checked than when sent to an email address.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is hard to fathom.

Bozza - can you find out? It seems quite ridiculous.

I've asked.

What about the credit card fee incurred for booking tickets online

There was no credit card fee on these tickets.

What has happened to the load onto the smart card option ?

I'm told that as the system is new, the club didn't want to take a chance with doing this for what would be a large volume of people. Apparently Derby have the same ticketing system as us and for the play-off game last May they also did the same - paper tickets for everyone. They now have confidence to load up to smart cards and we'll do the same when we're happy.

(I can't recall what was done for the low-volume Cheltenham game earlier this season)

Yes.

You'd like to think it was the result of some mathematical modelling like that, but...

I simply REFUSE to be believe it is a financial decision... but can't begin to work out the issue with preparing a few thousand PDFs and emails, that would cripple a system in this way... such that physical printing, stuffing envelopes and snail mail would seem like a better idea... and with TWELVE days to go before the match??

#BEFUDDLED

My guess would be this:

The print at home option clearly put a massive strain on system resources, particularly on Friday. All ticketing system emails, including simple password resets, were taking up to 9-10 hours to get out.

This then caused a big spike in calls and emails to customer services - "where are my print at home tickets?" etc and this needs considerable resources to man.

There will be a big surge in demand from non-season ticket holders when tickets go on sale to this group and using P@H again would cause the same issues, so has been suspended until such time as system changes, hardware and/or software, can cope with these surges in demand and keep emails churning out in a timely manner.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Well I hope posting it out to me and the cost of an envelope costs more than £1. Could quite easily collect before the game but sod it, they can pay to get it to me

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
My guess would be this:

The print at home option clearly put a massive strain on system resources, particularly on Friday. All ticketing system emails, including simple password resets, were taking up to 9-10 hours to get out.

This then caused a big spike in calls and emails to customer services - "where are my print at home tickets?" etc and this needs considerable resources to man.

Which could be avoided if they put a note on the checkout page and initial order confirmation email saying the PDF could take up to 24 hours to arrive.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My guess would be this:

There will be a big surge in demand from non-season ticket holders when tickets go on sale to this group and using P@H again would cause the same issues, so has been suspended until such time as system changes, hardware and/or software, can cope with these surges in demand and keep emails churning out in a timely manner.

They have just commissioned a new system. They have a MAXIMUM of 30,500 tickets to process. The 'capacity planning' is not exactly difficult, is it??

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I've asked.
There was no credit card fee on these tickets.

Do you mean charged by the credit card provider to the club or charged to the fan purchasing the ticket - I realise the second option was true as I printed at home, but surely MasterCard will charge BHAFC a percentage on my £32 it will pass onto the club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which could be avoided if they put a note on the checkout page and initial order confirmation email saying the PDF could take up to 24 hours to arrive.

Indeed. The whole site could be improved massively if someone who knew what they were doing spent some time on the wording on it and the output it produces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here