Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can anyone else not bring themselves to watch Newcastle?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have always found it hard to be in any way in awe of Newcastle. Especially now it's a Smug Eddie Newcastle. And features BDB. Lovely man tho he is, he's no Galactico. Ditto the rest of their team. We'll rip 'em apart! :lol:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If anything it makes me want to watch even more. I think there is a lot of pressure on them for this match, should be compelling viewing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'll be watching.

Despite this being a free it of sorts for us, it'd be absolutely tremendous if we were able to contribute to Saudi Utd failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
No. We will be there.

I would have strong ethical concerns about not supporting our team to do their utmost to beat the bloody sportswashers.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
I wont be watching live as I have a prior appointment, Nothing to do with who we are playing. I'm planning on recording the match and avoiding hearing the result in order to watch as live later.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I've got the Tivo set and will watch it when I can. I'll be following the scoreline where possible, as will be at a gig that I can't get out of! Might be an easier watch than the game itself with the current Newcastle love-in that will no doubt take up much of the commentary/pre-match build up...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Providing I survive the climb up the stairs, I will be watching from the clouds along with everyone else who has made the journey.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm boycotting the match. I will not give a penny to Newcastle United.

Especially when I can watch it at home and be up for work the following day...

NUFC1

May 16, 2023
Understand why you'd feel like that to be honest. There's a fair section of our match-going fans who feel rightly feel uncomfortable with the ownership, myself and Father included, the latter having a season ticket since 1974. Social media is different, and yes there's been idiots wearing headscarves at the games etc which has thankfully died down now.

The celebrations the night we were taken over would have genuinely been like that if anybody bought us. It was nothing to do with the PIF or whatever. It was purely because Ashley had gone. I've always maintained Newcastle fans have a responsibility to educate themselves on the atrocities that take place in the medieval Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. But I've always maintained that we as fans shouldn't be held hostage. Celebrate it? No. Forgive me for this slight whataboutery but the hypocrisy of some of the media who will happily promote F1 and Boxing in Saudi Arabia is madness, really. That doesn't change the fact I'd rather we were owned by somebody else for sure. But it is what it is.

That being said we're very much like any set of fans to be honest. We're as fickle as anyone and frankly just want to watch our team on a weekend to escape from the shi*show that life in 2023 is for most. It's a welcoming city and any of you making the trip up will be welcome in any bar - there is no designated home bars or anything like that. If anybody wants any advice on where to drink/eat within proximity of the ground let me know - I think there's 120 watering holes within a mile radius of St James', so fill your boots boys and girls. You might want to take it slow though, you have quite the hike up to the away end!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Have always found it hard to be in any way in awe of Newcastle. Especially now it's a Smug Eddie Newcastle. And features BDB. Lovely man tho he is, he's no Galactico. Ditto the rest of their team. We'll rip 'em apart! :lol:
Yeah - would like to see the smile wiped off the face of Smug Eddie for sure.

Show the Toon, that even buying instant success out of the relegation zone to the top of the league in one season won’t keep ‘teams like us’ from giving them some lessons in joined up football. 😜:yes:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The Saudi Sportswashers will not stop me watching my team but I avoid watching or reading about that famous old Club. I’d be devastated if the Saudi state (that has been such a malign influence on this world) took over our stripes. I’d walk away. It was a dark day for our game when the Saudis became involved.

(Whataboutery incoming ……. )

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Respect your stance but I will be watching. It'll be a dodgy stream as usual (one hand on the cable incase a BJ pops up like last time to surprise my elderly, v conservative parents). None of my money going into their pockets, I don't feel guilty about it. Regardless of their decent fans I always want them to lose nowadays, still a chance Man U and Liverpool, even us, can push them into 5th. Looking forward to it, imho you can keep your stance and still watch on a stream without compromising your morals (unless you are offended by BJs). Also, what fuel do you put in your car?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here