Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can a keeper really run over 2.5 miles in a game?

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Just reading todays S*n in the barbers and it was suggesting that Joe Hart runs 2.77 miles in a game.

I can quite believe an out field player runs 7-8 miles a game but over 2.5 miles for a keeper?

Sounds a hell of a lot to me.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Just reading todays S*n in the barbers and it was suggesting that Joe Hart runs 2.77 miles in a game.

I can quite believe an out field player runs 7-8 miles a game but over 2.5 miles for a keeper?

Sounds a hell of a lot to me.

I thought the same when I read it, must be bollocks. Harper don't travel 200 yards in a game :lol:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Ryan Giggs covered 6.9m in last seasons champion league final - the furthest by any player in the game

2.77 miles seems excessive for a 'keeper

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I make that just over 132 times he'd have to run from the goal line to the edge of the box and back again

Last edited:

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I make that just over 110 times he'd have to run from the goal line to the edge of the box and back again

The only keeper I know who could come anywhere close to that is Grobbelaar unless they had some kind of OCD!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I was a keeper and being tracked, all the time the ball was in the opposition's final third/out of play I'd be jogging back and forth in the box

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
if he has a tendancy to do up for the final corners to snatch a chance at glory, maybe

doubt it mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here