Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campbell Signs For Notts County

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sol Campbell will only be at Notts County for the money as he is at the arse end of his career.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Apparently he rejected two prem teams for their, 'mouth watering offer"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why is this "Deary Me"? He's obviously still wants to play football, he certainly will not be getting anything like what he was getting in the Premier League, good for him, hope he enjoys it there, and I imagine we will be playing them next season.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sol Campbell will only be at Notts County for the money as he is at the arse end of his career.

20080314_sherlock_holmes.jpg

How do you do it Holmes?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to them. Watch their crowds grow big time if they keep winning for a couple of months

Not sure I'd like us to go down the same road mind you.

*racist*

A four year deal for a 35 year old :lol::ohmy:

Campbell scored in the Champions League final just three years ago, played for England as recently as 2007 and lifted the FA Cup last May. He’s still only 34 - the same age as Paul Scholes - and was earning £90,000 a week in the Premier League last season.

Yet this week he will be hoping to impress Ian McParland in training (held at Nottingham University - the Pies still don’t have a training ground). And if he does well enough, he might get the chance to partner Mike Edwards in the centre of the County defence at Underhill.

You can only imagine what Edwards would make of his new defensive partner. If he signs a deal worth £40,000 a week, Campbell will earn more in seven days than some of his team-mates do in 365.
Indeed, County’s entire matchday income wouldn’t be enough to pay Campbell’s £160,000 wages every month. (Last home gate (6,500) x average ticket price (£15) = £97,500. 2 x home games per month = £195,000, minus a third for tax = £130,000. Rough figures, but you get the point.) Presumably, Campbell's new team-mates won't be expecting to buy many rounds.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Wouldn't want him here. Imagine the disruption to morale of that squad. I'd be pretty miffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here