Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron v Miliband v Clegg: the official Question Time match thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not seen tonight's Electoral TV binfest but I get the distinct impression that the Tories are getting rather worried " 10 days to save the Union " then " 7 days to save the country " stuff is coming up all the time. There seems to be barely a fag paper between them in the polls but the Tories seem genuinely rattled.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Clegg wins.
Will enough voters come back to the LibDems to make a Lab/LibDem Govt a possibilty though?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I can't see anyone changing their minds because of this debate at all, nobody had a knockout moment or went for a KO. Cameron spoke to his fans, Ed spoke to his fans and both shored up their votes whilst poor old Clegg was the punchbag

You would say that. Cameron walked that.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In case you missed it :

https://vine.co/v/e7J0xnQMVvt

Clegg did Ok I thought, best of the three on the night. Dave probably did nothing good or bad to his chances, and Ed had a bad night.

I don't ever hear of Millie having a good night, or day whilst we at it, and that's all the electorate need to know when voting for this country's next PM.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Amazes me how you fools actually manage to vote for these w******

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Guardian/ICM poll has Cameron as the winner.

All movement at the bookies has Cameron's odds as next PM shortening since 8pm.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm a Tory, obviously however I actually felt sorry for Millie there he looked well out of his depth, he'll look a right tit if he does end up getting into bed with the SNP in any format now after what he said.

It was very clever actually , the SNP have made their position clear so there doesn't have to be an agreement for them to support Labour as they've said they won't support the Tories at any cost

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Labour wins it for me, even though he blatantly lost the crowd. Labour wins because Miliband seemed more honest:

It really is a total myth that Labour actually 'overspent', the debt and deficit were low(ish) and stable before the crisis, and no government EVER CUTS THE DEFICIT in the middle of a gigantic financial crisis - immediate austerity is practically impossible, and the overwhelming majority of economists agree ineffective and can lead to even higher deficits - it's called automatic fiscal stabilizers and counter-cyclical spending, you cannot compare the government to a household or a business, they are completely incomparable institutions. A household doesn't have to worry about damaging the economy when it cuts back on its spending, a government does, a household doesn't have a central bank that can expand the money supply if needed, a government does. Deficits always go high during financial crises, and they would have been high regardless of whether Labour had a balanced budget or not. Labour may have been (partially) responsible for the financial crisis, but the crisis had nothing to do with the deficit (and nothing at all with selling gold, that bald **** can **** the **** off, what an absolute ****). While many in the general public don't accept this, I like that Ed refused to concede this highly popular myth to get more support.

I also like that Ed was the only politician actually addressing what would happen if they don't win a majority (i.e. if it came to negotiating a deal with SNP, he would refuse and rather just not govern if it comes to it), and he refused to make promises he can't be certain of fulfilling (i.e. refused to promise net migration targets).

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It was very clever actually , the SNP have made their position clear so there doesn't have to be an agreement for them to support Labour as they've said they won't support the Tories at any cost

Well your clearly far more excited than me because I understand none of the above?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Labour wins it for me, even though he blatantly lost the crowd. Labour wins because Miliband seemed more honest:

It really is a total myth that Labour actually 'overspent', the debt and deficit were low(ish) and stable before the crisis, and no government EVER CUTS THE DEFICIT in the middle of a gigantic financial crisis - immediate austerity is practically impossible, and the overwhelming majority of economists agree ineffective and can lead to even higher deficits - it's called automatic fiscal stabilizers and counter-cyclical spending, you cannot compare the government to a household or a business, they are completely incomparable institutions. A household doesn't have to worry about damaging the economy when it cuts back on its spending, a government does, a household doesn't have a central bank that can expand the money supply if needed, a government does. Deficits always go high during financial crises, and they would have been high regardless of whether Labour had a balanced budget or not. Labour may have been (partially) responsible for the financial crisis, but the crisis had nothing to do with the deficit (and nothing at all with selling gold, that bald **** can **** the **** off, what an absolute ****). While many in the general public don't accept this, I like that Ed refused to concede this highly popular myth to get more support.

I also like that Ed was the only politician actually addressing what would happen if they don't win a majority (i.e. if it came to negotiating a deal with SNP, he would refuse and rather just not govern if it comes to it), and he refused to make promises he can't be certain of fulfilling (i.e. refused to promise net migration targets).

I'm gonna quote you on the above in aprox 2 weeks the bit about not going into government.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Steady on ! next you will be saying that Labour didn't cause the global financial crisis that Gideon and DC got elected on.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
I'm gonna quote you on the above in aprox 2 weeks the bit about not going into government.

I'm not saying I 100% believe Ed, but at least he actually addressed the question of what would happen if he doesn't win a majority and would be forced to deal with SNP. Cameron completely dodged it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here