Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camera/pc - help required

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I am trying to move some pictures from the my pictures folder in my pc to my sd card in my camera.

When I click send to removable disk (E) I get the error message:

Cannot copy P1000305 the disk is write-protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk.

I have moved the little switch on the side of the sd card to lock/unlock and still no joy.

I have also turned it off and on again!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Where the pictures taken on the camera? All I can think is that the camera is not recognising the file or file format.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Assuming you are using a PC, try clicking on "My Computer" to check how many detachable drives are actually showing up.

When I click my computer i get.

Devices with removable storage

DVDRW DRIVE (D)
REMOVABLE DISK (E)

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Where the pictures taken on the camera? All I can think is that the camera is not recognising the file or file format.

Yep, took pics on camera, moved to pc to edit. Now trying to put edited version back onto memory card.

I even bought a new memory card. Not working on that either.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Okay try this.

1. Take a picture
  2. Transfer it to the PC
  3. Without changing it in anyway try transferring it back

If this works then it is a problem with the picture after you have edited it.

If not then I am confused.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Have you tried dragging and dropping the files onto the "E" drive, rather than using the copy command?

Silly question but why do you want the pictures back onto your camera memory card?

Edited to say that I've Googled up this problem (avoids the need to go downstairs and cook stuff!) and you are not alone! One suggested solution is to put tape over the lock/unlock switch which seems to work for some people.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Has the SD card been formatted - some brand new ones need to be formatted before use. I'd suggest let the camera do it.

Then, as above, take a picture using the SD card, copy it to the PC and check you can copy it back again after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here