Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Calvin Bassey Rangers full-back

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Rangers losing both him and Aribo in short succession is going to be a kick in the teeth for them. Looks like Connor is going have to do another season of St Johnstone, Livingston, St Mirren, Killie, Ross County.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
but even signing bassey only takes our summer spend to roughly 35 million, that's really not a lot. not me being ungrateful btw, as it's all about how you spend that money, but in premium league terms that really isn't much.
I believe you may have been whooshed.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This would be an amazing signing. LCB, LB, great engine, great age. Yes please.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
One of my friends at work is a Rangers fan and really praises this dude and think he would be a good pickup for work. This dude at work also likes eating bologna sandwiches with thousand island dressing instead of mayo so just take his thoughts for what you will:)

I wasn't aware that Rangers fans had thoughts...I thought that their default setting was to shout "SURRENDER OR YOU'LL DIE" the second they see anything green...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Can play left back or centre back. Maybe not a Cucurella replacement but rather someone that could cover for him and also fill our need for a left sided centre back.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Looked quality in Rangers' Europa League run, but didn't strike me as a LB (despite being left footed) - more of a CB based on his style and physical stature.

Can play left back or centre back. Maybe not a Cucurella replacement but rather someone that could cover for him and also fill our need for a left sided centre back.

I am quite upbeat on this rumour. It just sounds like such a Potter signing. Understudy to Cucurella would be one of many different roles he could fulfil. G Potts does love a tactical switch though. Go three at the back and push Cucurella further forward, change to five at the back, or play as a left footed centre back. Plenty of opportunities to keep the opposition guessing. He may not be ideal as an out and out left back, but we have plenty of options for players who could play in front of him and give him some support.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Seems like a Dan Burn replacement?

Exactly. I think Potter is really keen on having a left footed LCB. This guy or Levi Colwill seem to be the targets. Burn played LB or LWB a number of times so Bassey’s versatility is a great fit.

It won’t be good news for Clarke if this guy is signed I suspect.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Means little but spoke to a big rangers fan today who really rates Bassey and thinks he would have no problem stepping up to the premier league .

Sounds pacey and good at one on ones

Can play couple of positions , young so will improve . A very us signing .

I like it . Hoping this one happens

Has the potential to give us more prem quality who can step in and do a good job depending on the tactics .

Could be an improvement on burns role as hard as that seems

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I watched Rangers EL games, Calvin Bassey is quality.

Not having watched Rangers, I'll deKlien to comment, though sounds like he'll do a good job in defence and Harris any forwards.

(Well can't be all Bassey puns, Shirley).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here