Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Calvin Bassey Rangers full-back

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m sure we have a load of left back we might be interested in if MC goes. But until we start hearing of bids for our left back not much point in getting excited about interest in other teams.

Unless Clarke is going to be in the squad, since selling Burn we are short of a versatile left-footed defender who's comfortable playing in a back 3 or back 4. This transfer rumour would make sense whether City make us an offer for Cucurella that's too good to turn down or not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unless Clarke is going to be in the squad, since selling Burn we are short of a versatile left-footed defender who's comfortable playing in a back 3 or back 4. This transfer rumour would make sense whether City make us an offer for Cucurella that's too good to turn down or not.

Agreed, good left footed defenders are hard to find. Whether Cucu stays or goes, l'm sure Bassey would get game time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking at his shots and assists stats, he is surely a replacement for Burn rather than Cucu.

We’d want someone a lot more attacking to replace our curly haired Spanish wing back god!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
….So he wouldn’t be backup at 20ml…..!

Really?

I don't consider myself to be even remotely "ambitious" about what the club should be aiming for, but is it odd to think we should be paying £20m for our new squad players?

We have a decent side squad, and we ill only be looking to add to it with players who improve us.
Our current back up for Cucu is Solly.
Better than Solly isn't going to come in at less then £20m. IMO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've watched Bassey quite a bit and he's decent but not better than what we've got.

Moreover, I think there is a premium on Rangers players because of their European cup run. I'm not sure it's warranted.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
Left back….

Good player from what I’ve seen, unit.

They say the same about Ajax.

Oh come on guys I thought that was a good little Greek myth gag...

Anyway, if he's a left sided CB as well as a left back then it makes perfect sense to me. We need two moire defeners in the squad, Van Hecke is possibly one of them, this guy could be the other. Cover for Cucu and an option in the middle.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I know a Rangers season ticket holder and he said...

The minute he walked in the joint, he could see he was a man of distinction. Also said he was Shitehouse.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
One of my friends at work is a Rangers fan and really praises this dude and think he would be a good pickup for work. This dude at work also likes eating bologna sandwiches with thousand island dressing instead of mayo so just take his thoughts for what you will:)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Naylor says we’ve been interested for a while. And interest and we might sign a left back irrespective of Cucurella situation.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
NEVER NEVER NEVER thought we would be big spenders. Day by day its closer to the start of the season. Believe it whrn the club says it true,aint heard nothing yet, till then its just papwr talk, but if we do buy him hopefully we have no regrets and when announced we can get this party started.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
NEVER NEVER NEVER thought we would be big spenders. Day by day its closer to the start of the season. Believe it whrn the club says it true,aint heard nothing yet, till then its just papwr talk, but if we do buy him hopefully we have no regrets and when announced we can get this party started.

I concur. While I think we need a couple of more pieces before the season gets going in full swing, don't see us splashing out fees like this, for now anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here