Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Calm Down

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We've just played in the last 16 of the Europa League, we got spanked, most of us remember getting battered at Withdean, soaked to the skin, without any signs of progress on the horizon. Enjoy these seasons, they're the best we've EVER had. Get behind the team, keep the faith and shut the &^%* up!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We've just played in the last 16 of the Europa League, we got spanked, most of us remember getting battered at Withdean, soaked to the skin, without any signs of progress on the horizon. Enjoy these seasons, they're the best we've EVER had. Get behind the team, keep the faith and shut the &^%* up!
I CAN believe the response because my 25-year old son thinks the world has collapsed. He’s never known mega-shite Albion.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Perspective, we used to get torn apart by the likes of Rodney Jack……….in f***ing Gillingham

1709843953590.png

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yeah first time ever and we were shit , what’s to enjoy a 4-0 drubbing
these opportunities don’t come along often and we turn in a performance like that

mile oak

May 21, 2023
What is hurting for me is turning up at halftime 4-0 down, ive never done that, cant imagine what it will feel like, absolutely gutted and cant imagine how 3500 fans in Rome must be feeling

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I CAN believe the response because my 25-year old son thinks the world has collapsed. He’s never known mega-shite Albion.
That’s the problem, isn’t it. Lots of newer supporters who don’t support in the way many of us oldies do. We weren’t even mega shite in those days. We were exactly the same as the vast majority of football clubs. Clubs that have loyal support who don’t expect to be beating Roma. If people can’t enjoy current times they definitely won’t stick around for the bumpy road that has always been inevitably ahead. That’s mainly what being a football fan is about, not showing off to plastic Man U fans on Twitter.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMG_0517.png

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Borrring jumpers for goalposts nonsense. When I went to Hereford etc etc.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Borrring jumpers for goalposts nonsense. When I went to Hereford etc etc.
Not at all but perfect perspective. Some may not have been born then, but if they’ve been brought up properly they’ll have read BaB and WWF etc. I wasn’t alive during ww2 but I grew up listening to and reading about others that did to realise we’ve never had it so good!!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I went to Hereford, I watched us get beat 0-1 to 9 man Wallsall in the rain at Withdean but I am livid with the result tonight. That team and manager and the club as it is NOW is capable of better than that. Being so open and naive in a 1st leg of a European tie is very poor and I reserve the right to be angry with the team.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Agreed, a little surprised at the response on here and Twitter. Yes it’s a bad loss on a big stage but the feeling in the ground was mostly “oh well, a step too far”.

We were outplayed and overawed but it’s our first European season. Most clubs struggle to make any mark in their inaugural campaign AND end up in a relegation battle. We’ve topped our group, (probably) got knocked out by last year’s finalists, and are still in the race for European places domestically.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Agreed, a little surprised at the response on here and Twitter. Yes it’s a bad loss on a big stage but the feeling in the ground was mostly “oh well, a step too far”.

We were outplayed and overawed but it’s our first European season. Most clubs struggle to make any mark in their inaugural campaign AND end up in a relegation battle. We’ve topped our group, (probably) got knocked out by last year’s finalists, and are still in the race for European places domestically.
Good points there. I am not convinced about qualification for Europe next season. We have a very mixed bag of games in the Prem I can only get us to 58/59 points being fairly positive. I don't think that is enough for 7th which is likely to be the Conference league.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What on earth does the OP expect after such a disappointing night...? I totally expect lots of knee jerk reaction immediately after a performance like that. It's called passion.

I'm not sure why the OP has turned into such a nawse since his retirement ( with loads of money, so he tells us )....?

Maybe he should put more effort into his Crystal Palace supporting son.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What on earth does the OP expect after such a disappointing night...? I totally expect lots of knee jerk reaction immediately after a performance like that. It's called passion.

I'm not sure why the OP has turned into such a nawse since his retirement ( with loads of money, so he tells us )....?

Maybe he should put more effort into his Crystal Palace supporting son.

(Could be wrong) I think he had a major health scare? Let’s be kind to each other.

Agree with you about the passion … it’s fine to vent after a rubbish performance and/or result.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Good points there. I am not convinced about qualification for Europe next season. We have a very mixed bag of games in the Prem I can only get us to 58/59 points being fairly positive. I don't think that is enough for 7th which is likely to be the Conference league.
60 points is normally the mark for 7th/8th which will likely be enough for Conference.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here