Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Calling on all Dog lovers…

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Belonging to my dad and lifelong Brighton fan, Bella is a beautiful four month old Golden Retriever. Sadly, she was born with a condition called Ectopic Uretha which makes her incontinent.

Ordinarily she would have been put down at 2 weeks old, however the breeder wanted to give her a chance. As a friend of the breeder, this is where my dad stepped in - firstly to look after Bella full time, but also to see what could be done for her to cure this condition and avoid putting her down.

After numerous tests, Bella has now been referred to Fitzpatrick the Supervet - well known for his vetinary expertise, and television programme. The only hope for Bella is an operation to cure this condition.

Bella’s breeder has offered to pay £2000 towards the operation, but the estimated costs are triple that. Whilst she is insured, she is not covered for this condition.

My dads friend has now set up a Go Fund Me page in order to raise the funds for this critical operation.

As a dog owner myself, I cant imagine the anguish of potentially having to put my pet down - they really are one of the family and there’s still hope for Bella.

Any help through donations would be so gratefully received, so we can give Bella the opportunity to live a long and loving life.

10659357ee6ea7c06572d9c16df2c375.jpg

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jfmj3-fo...m=copy_link_all&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
I preface this stating that I am a dog lover/owner with a a number of dogs over many years. I have used the services of the super vets practice for my current lab. I take my hat off to your Dad for taking on Bella.

I think this issue sits squarely with the breeder as the condition was known at birth.

I am aware of the cost of new pedigree puppies and think the offer from the breeder falls woefully short. I assume she was one of a litter and (hopefully) they have all gone to good homes. The breeder will have made over £10k even if only 4 pups if selling at market value.

Your sentiments and thoughts are well founded but afraid (IMHO) are misplaced.

I wish you well and hope Bella gets the treatment she deserves,

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'd allow another few grand on top of that. Helps pay the additional bills after they pass the dog back to you with the care advice to bring the dog back in 3 weeks time, only for an infection to take hold and require further operations (at your expense).

The place is full of young vets with high potential learning the 'industry' at customers expense in my opinion. We had an awful experience with them, horrendous. My poor dog suffered a great deal and we ended up another few grand down with a great deal of heartbreak.

Fingers crossed they take better care with your dog.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I preface this stating that I am a dog lover/owner with a a number of dogs over many years. I have used the services of the super vets practice for my current lab. I take my hat off to your Dad for taking on Bella.

I think this issue sits squarely with the breeder as the condition was known at birth.

I am aware of the cost of new pedigree puppies and think the offer from the breeder falls woefully short. I assume she was one of a litter and (hopefully) they have all gone to good homes. The breeder will have made over £10k even if only 4 pups if selling at market value.

Your sentiments and thoughts are well founded but afraid (IMHO) are misplaced.

I wish you well and hope Bella gets the treatment she deserves,

Hi just thought I would make a few points with regard to what the breeder has done for Bella. She was diagnosed at two weeks old with this problem and was advised to have Bella put down. She could not do this and so offered her to me free of charge to which she said she would pay for the operation, which at that time was approximately £2,500. Bella needed X-rays at 4 months old which the breeder paid for. Unfortunately Bella had more problems than were originally thought. (She didn’t go to my vet for this as the vet she chose had dealt with this sort of thing before). I had Bella booked in to be put down on the basis of those results. However my vet called me and recommended Fitzpatrick as he thought something could be done for her. Obviously the cost at this point was going to increase. The breeder still has offered to contribute to Bella’s vet fees.
In my opinion she has been brilliant throughout this. Yesterday Bella had a scan at Fitzpatricks and various other tests which came back quite positive. She should be having her operation next week. I do hope this changes your mind with regard to what the breeder has done for Bella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Hi just thought I would make a few points with regard to what the breeder has done for Bella. She was diagnosed at two weeks old with this problem and was advised to have Bella put down. She could not do this and so offered her to me free of charge to which she said she would pay for the operation, which at that time was approximately £2,500. Bella needed X-rays at 4 months old which the breeder paid for. Unfortunately Bella had more problems than were originally thought. (She didn’t go to my vet for this as the vet she chose had dealt with this sort of thing before). I had Bella booked in to be put down on the basis of those results. However my vet called me and recommended Fitzpatrick as he thought something could be done for her. Obviously the cost at this point was going to increase. The breeder still has offered to contribute to Bella’s vet fees.
In my opinion she has been brilliant throughout this. Yesterday Bella had a scan at Fitzpatricks and various other tests which came back quite positive. She should be having her operation next week. I do hope this changes your mind with regard to what the breeder has done for Bella.

Always useful to hear the exact circumstances from the owner. It sounds like the breeder has been more than reasonable in this case.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Done good luck 🤞🏻

Has the link been posted on Brighton dog walking Facebook pages?

Not on FB so I couldn’t see.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Done good luck 🤞🏻

Has the link been posted on Brighton dog walking Facebook pages?

Not on FB so I couldn’t see.

Sounds like the kind of story the Argus might be interested in running (tho if they do, maybe best not look at the comments section, there's a whole eco-system of pondlife crazies on there)

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Thank you everyone who has donated. Bella had her operation on Tuesday and thus far is doing really well. She is currently dry but can’t go all night just yet without having a wee. If this is the only downside she will live a long and happy life with me. Thank you once again to all who have donated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here