Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all NSC Guitarists

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I fancy learning a new song. I'm no great shakes but I'm not that bad either, can anyone recommend something decent?

The last song I learnt was Eagle eyed cherrie, save tonight. :clap2:

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Streets of London" is always nice on the guitar.

C G Am Em F C D7 G7... etc...

and hum quietly to yourself as you strum.

:)

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Halleujah (sp?) - Jeff Buckleys cover of Cohens classic.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Good Riddance/Time Of Your Life song by Green Day

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Deano's Right Foot said:
My daughter's just taught herself that one.

Are you a fan of "The O.C." also?

The what??

No, I heard this song on the 'Grace' Album about 5 years ago..

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Cheers Titanic, will take note of that later.

Stairway to heaven is a great song to play if anyone is interested.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Muzzman said:
The what??

No, I heard this song on the 'Grace' Album about 5 years ago..

That's strange. My daughter and all her friends (all 15/16) have "discovered" this song and gone nuts over it since it was featured in an episode of a TV programme called "The O.C."

Sorry, I didn't mean to muddy your musical credentials! :blush:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Deano's Right Foot said:
That's strange. My daughter and all her friends (all 15/16) have "discovered" this song and gone nuts over it since it was featured in an episode of a TV programme called "The O.C."

Sorry, I didn't mean to muddy your musical credentials! :blush:

No worries.. you may want to let your daughter know where this track came from as 'Grace' is superb.. Buckley was an up and coming genius till he got drunk and fell off a boat consequently drowning himself in the Mississippi.. :shootself

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Bic ... what kind of guitar are you playing? .....

If accoustic steel string I would recommend getting the tabs and chords for all of Blood on the Tracks!!!! Gentle on the hands, slow and easy to learn - except Buckets of Rain!

If electric then the Clapton song book has some crackers ....

I am currently learning some Mary lee Kortes numbers - very badly!!!

PS: Ruth has bought me a new guitar for my birthday, but I don't know what type and don't know where she has hidden it!!! I am praying it's the mellow yellow electro-accoustic I have been showing her in a local music shop window since last October!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Depends if you want just chords or a bit of face-grimacing lead.

Can't Buy Me Love is good if you can manage the F7 barre chord and there's a nice dumb'n'twangy solo thrown in. Ditto for From Me To You. Basically, any Beatles off the albums up to about Rubber Soul/Revolver is good and interesting. Or whack the capo on at the 2nd fret and give it a bit of Norwegian Wood. The girls love it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
On the Left Wing said:
Bic ... what kind of guitar are you playing? .....

If accoustic steel string I would recommend getting the tabs and chords for all of Blood on the Tracks!!!! Gentle on the hands, slow and easy to learn - except Buckets of Rain!

If electric then the Clapton song book has some crackers ....

I am currently learning some Mary lee Kortes numbers - very badly!!!

PS: Ruth has bought me a new guitar for my birthday, but I don't know what type and don't know where she has hidden it!!! I am praying it's the mellow yellow electro-accoustic I have been showing her in a local music shop window since last October!!!

I play both electric and accoustic.

Got a nice condition Squire Strat. (Not as good as Fender but I'm skint) My accoustic isn't steel strings, but I'm saving for one! Just a nice classical that a friend of the family gave me when my first broke.

I'll see what I can do with blood on the tracks, but Ive got a dire straits tab book so am working my way through that.

Romeo and Juliet is great because you can strum away and then add a bit of picking just after the chorus. Only problem is I've lost my capo! :cry: (needs to bar 5th fret)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Man of Harveys said:
Basically, any Beatles off the albums up to about Rubber Soul/Revolver is good and interesting.

Rubber Soul - first album I ever bought! Still sounds brilliant

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It's probably because I have small hands but does anyone else find bar chords bloody irritating?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here