Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] CALLING ALL MEN!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why do men especially, no matter how close/years of friendship or even family, never answer their phones? If I need to chat or talk briefly, ask a quick question etc it’s never an issue when I ring someone of the fairer sex. Women answer their phones. Reply to texts. “Girlfriends” are way WAY more realiable in that sense. But blokes, FFS, even if you’ve shared a lifetime of stuff together and are godfather to countless sprogs you diligently remember birthdays for…… No, you may as well call Samaritans as ring them for some advice or ask a question of.

So here’s a message: If you’re a BLOKE (!) try f***ing answering your phone when it goes!

Stop screening and calling back weeks later! Jesus, you lazy tech-phobic fuckers, get with the beat and engage in the moment - not after the funeral when the call’s irrelevant! We need to go back to non digital landlines when people answered no matter what. I’m astonished at the sheer number of people who don’t pick up but do chat - almost immediately - via What’s App, SMS, etc when pinging a message because they didn’t answer. What is ducking wrong with you?!!! Are you too busy wanking all the time? The sport channel THAT good?! Engage in the power of SPEECH! You know, verbal. Tongues. Retro style! Seems reserved for the over 70s only these days. Sake. Jesus, and breath…!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why do men especially, no matter how close/years of friendship or even family, never answer their phones? If I need to chat or talk briefly, ask a quick question etc it’s never an issue when I ring someone of the fairer sex. Women answer their phones. Reply to texts. “Girlfriends” are way WAY more realiable in that sense. But blokes, FFS, even if you’ve shared a lifetime of stuff together and are godfather to countless sprogs you diligently remember birthdays for…… No, you may as well call Samaritans as ring them for some advice or ask a question of.

So here’s a message: If you’re a BLOKE (!) try f***ing answering your phone when it goes!

Stop screening and calling back weeks later! Jesus, you lazy tech-phobic fuckers, get with the beat and engage in the moment - not after the funeral when the call’s irrelevant! We need to go back to non digital landlines when people answered no matter what. I’m astonished at the sheer number of people who don’t pick up but do chat - almost immediately - via What’s App, SMS, etc when pinging a message because they didn’t answer. What is ducking wrong with you?!!! Are you too busy wanking all the time? The sport channel THAT good?! Engage in the power of SPEECH! You know, verbal. Tongues. Retro style! Seems reserved for the over 70s only these days. Sake. Jesus, and breath…!
Perhaps it's just you they don't want to talk to? :lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
People don’t TALK on phones in 2023 do they?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Stop screening and calling back weeks later! Jesus, you lazy tech-phobic fuckers, get with the beat and engage in the moment - not after the funeral when the call’s irrelevant! We need to go back to non digital landlines when people answered no matter what. I’m astonished at the sheer number of people who don’t pick up but do chat - almost immediately - via What’s App, SMS, etc when pinging a message because they didn’t answer. What is ducking wrong with you?!!! Are you too busy wanking all the time? The sport channel THAT good?! Engage in the power of SPEECH! You know, verbal. Tongues. Retro style! Seems reserved for the over 70s only these days. Sake. Jesus, and breath…...!
How's the job at the Samaritans working out for you ???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps it's just you they don't want to talk to? :lolol:
Well that was the obvious retort I knew would be coming, but if women always do then I must be a ***** magnet? (Thank you for the tap in…!)

:goal:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Guilty! I never ask anyone for anything. I leave everyone the f*** alone and yet my phone never stops ringing with friends and family that want shit from me haha, there’s the truth! If I was better at saying no, people may not call so much and I might answer more haha
NSC award for honesty. This I can cope with. Get rid of phone if not going to answer, but don’t leave me hanging (see what I did there?) by owning one and letting me presume you’ll therefore have switched on/answer! :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’d say with a degree of certainty that I always answer my phone when it rings (so long as it’s safe to do so).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Seriously?
Don’t care if you are being serious or not. I am.

I’m in the middle of a face to face conversation with someone. His phone goes. Should he continue the conversation with me, or ditch me and chat to the caller?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don’t care if you are being serious or not. I am.

I’m in the middle of a face to face conversation with someone. His phone goes. Should he continue the conversation with me, or ditch me and chat to the caller?
I think you’re being a bit too serious Timbha. We’re talking in generals, and in general men are shit. It’s nothing to do with rights to interrupt as you put it. Or by that inference, are you saying men are always busy and women have f*** all to do all day but engage in chatter? Which means you’re sexist…:wrong::kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here