Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

calderon

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
just found this in the argus. admittedly its in the comments section so not exactly fact but what do you think ? would you take him back?

for what its worth id have him back in a shot, as long as the price was right.

"i understand saints have given up on calderon.. agent changing his mind every two minutes... i reckon he will be in blue and white come next season"

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
just found this in the argus. admittedly its in the comments section so not exactly fact but what do you think ? would you take him back?

for what its worth id have him back in a shot, as long as the price was right.

"i understand saints have given up on calderon.. agent changing his mind every two minutes... i reckon he will be in blue and white come next season"

Doubt Gus would take him back.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
THREE pages

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If he came back and signed the original deal offered might that actually strengthen Gus' position?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
What he did was wrong, but i loved the guy and i would say yes to him coming back.

Sadly i dont think he will though :(

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nope. Gives out the wrong message if we take him back.

Sounds very similar to a Mr Bertain...

I hear what you are saying but..........

If it was announced that Calderon had signed a 3 year contract with us, I would be one happy chappy. Probably shouldn't but I just would!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not going to happen. You can tell so far that Gus is not the sort of person who will eat his words.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Anyone checked Inigos facebook?

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
If he put his hands up and said Yes I screwed up and signed the original deal why not?
That we Gus doesn't lose face as Calderon would have eaten some humble pie and we get a very decent player.

Not likely though.....

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
just had a look on his facebook, doesnt say anything , but did notice hes just become friends with kazenga lua lua . maybe theyre both going to southampton then

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
regardless of any of us wanting him back, surely Gus is unlikely to take him back now - unless, and yes this is highly unlikely, he takes a pay cut?

scooter1

How soon is now?
He's obviously taken some really bad advice from his agent(Peter Smith?) and now its potentially going to come back and bite him on the bum.
Gus said the contract offer had been withdrawn and he definitely would not be an Albion player next season. I don't think he will go back on this, he doesn't strike me as that kind of man.
Calderon will get other offers and will eventually sign one of those, but it won't be with us - get over it and move on.......

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Inigo did not fcuk up, it was his agent that fcuked up, end of.

If Inigo is now prepared to accept the final offer that Gus made (same cash, same terms, nothing else) then Gus can sign him and not lose face.

Business, and football, is about doing deals, not having precious scores to settle.

Sign him on the original offer, and we all move on, towards the top four.

Life's too short for "but he might do it again...."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here