Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon out for months

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I spoke to him the day before the test results and he said he was hopeful of playing the last couple of games. He didnt look in too much pain, but there you go.

Drinking pints of sherry numbs the pain :)

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Time for our Whingy to come home and take his rightful place in the hallowed right back berth. Bring our boy home Gus...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Hope not I am sure that we will do better with either Hoyte, Cook or El Abd.

Stop your vendetta against Whing, he is not as bad as you make out.

If you think Hoyte is a better option than Whing, then I suggest watching another sport. Hoyte will be at Barnet next season, Poyet has said Whing will be back at the Albion.

Why move El-Abd to right back? He is playing well alongside Elphick, so why change it.

How can you pass judgement on Cook, he has hardly played a game for the club.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Hope not I am sure that we will do better with either Hoyte, Cook or El Abd.

Excuse me? Hoyte? Have you ever been to a Brighton game? The lad is the worst player to pull on the blue n white since...well EVER! And Cook no it is very obvious whingy is better than him. El-Abd the first choice centre back isn't a better replacement at right back than Whingy. You know Whing is our next best right back yet for some reason state otherwise. Our player of the year last season and would be playing right back for us right now if not for Poyet signing Calderon who has done alright since he came here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stop your vendetta against Whing, he is not as bad as you make out.

If you think Hoyte is a better option than Whing, then I suggest watching another sport. Hoyte will be at Barnet next season, Poyet has said Whing will be back at the Albion.

Why move El-Abd to right back? He is playing well alongside Elphick, so why change it.

How can you pass judgement on Cook, he has hardly played a game for the club.

1. Hoyte is much better than Whing.
2. Cook is the future so he needs to be given a chance.
3. El Abd is. to quote Gus, our best defender so if we want to win our last few games this season play him at right back and Virgo alongside Elphick.

This is not a vendetta against Whing but just tell me of one aspect of his play that he is proficient at. When he arrived he was a good full back but unfortunately he is now no more than a standard Div 1 player even possibly Div 2. If he comes back as you suggest there is no way that he will be our right back next season unless he improves by about 200%. During the last few weeks prior to his loan he failed to even make the bench.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
1. Hoyte is much better than Whing.
2. Cook is the future so he needs to be given a chance.
3. El Abd is. to quote Gus, our best defender so if we want to win our last few games this season play him at right back and Virgo alongside Elphick.

This is not a vendetta against Whing but just tell me of one aspect of his play that he is proficient at. When he arrived he was a good full back but unfortunately he is now no more than a standard Div 1 player even possibly Div 2. If he comes back as you suggest there is no way that he will be our right back next season unless he improves by about 200%. During the last few weeks prior to his loan he failed to even make the bench.

I can only pressume that you do not watch the Albion.

Virgo at Gillingham looked out of shape, so why bring in an unfit player.

Whing is not a big threat going forward like Calderon, but defensively he is sound.

Hoyte is a player bound for Barnet, he has offered nothing to us this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uncle Buck;3461371[B said:
]I can only pressume that you do not watch the Albion.[/B]
Virgo at Gillingham looked out of shape, so why bring in an unfit player.

Whing is not a big threat going forward like Calderon, but defensively he is sound.

Hoyte is a player bound for Barnet, he has offered nothing to us this season.

I do and have done for over 60 years so have seen a few players. Virgo didnt look fit at Gillingham especially when Jackson came on who was very quick. Kuffor is out probably for Saturday so he wont have that problem.

Whing is not a threat going forward and gets caught out defending, hence the number of bookings for both us and Chesterfield. He cannot tackle and cannot distribute the ball.
Hoyte may be Barnet bound, but I doubt it as he can defend and is comfortable on the ball as has been shown by him on many occassions. When he has played on the right he has linked up well with Bennett. Granted he is not as good as Calderon but is the 2nd best option we have. It wouldnt suprise me if Poyet didnt sign him on a free in the summer. If Poyet thought that he was as bad as you suggest he would have sent him back to Arsenal surely, rather than allow Whing to go out on loan to a div 2 side.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I do and have done for over 60 years so have seen a few players. Virgo didnt look fit at Gillingham especially when Jackson came on who was very quick. Kuffor is out probably for Saturday so he wont have that problem.

Whing is not a threat going forward and gets caught out defending, hence the number of bookings for both us and Chesterfield. He cannot tackle and cannot distribute the ball.
Hoyte may be Barnet bound, but I doubt it as he can defend and is comfortable on the ball as has been shown by him on many occassions. When he has played on the right he has linked up well with Bennett. Granted he is not as good as Calderon but is the 2nd best option we have. It wouldnt suprise me if Poyet didnt sign him on a free in the summer. If Poyet thought that he was as bad as you suggest he would have sent him back to Arsenal surely, rather than allow Whing to go out on loan to a div 2 side.

You have completely lost me here. Whingy our tough tackling full back 'can't tackle'?? he is the best tackler in our team by far!!And since when could hoyte defend?Rushden and diamonds mean anything to you?every bloody game he plays he shows a severe inability to positon himself correctly and mark the bleedin man. he cant tackle and cant head. And you also claim he is comfortable on the ball. well frankly he is poor on the ball and has shown that on many occasions.clearly ive missed these occasions when he has portayed the ability to defend and be good on the ball...

I still can't believe you said Whingy couldn't tackle. Ridiculous statement.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
What is it with all the Hoyte abuse on here? He certainly has not looked out of his depth at this level. He doesn't stand out on the pitch as being worse than the other 21 players. I agree he is not outstanding and he doesnt have a chance of making it at Arsenal, but to say he is the worst player to play for Brighton is laughable. Calderon is way better than Hoyte, but Whing? Yeah if you want someone with no pace and that hoofs it everytime he gets it then sure. Also, before people start saying 'you clearly don't watch the games', I am a season ticket holder.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Has he? Heard about Tunnicliffe and McNulty but not heard anything about Whing.
Poyet rates Hoyte a better option than Whing so I'll go with that if its alright with you. When Hoyte first got here he was a breath of fresh air went off the ball once he got sent off and not had a look in since Calderon. No where near as bad as people on here make out but next to Calderon he is poor

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

You either live on a different planet or watch different games to most people.

Do we need to apply for a visa to access your world?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Has he? Heard about Tunnicliffe and McNulty but not heard anything about Whing.
Poyet rates Hoyte a better option than Whing so I'll go with that if its alright with you. When Hoyte first got here he was a breath of fresh air went off the ball once he got sent off and not had a look in since Calderon. No where near as bad as people on here make out but next to Calderon he is poor

all of this

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Hoyte is not as good as whing overall, at least he has some bottle and passion, cant have hoyte long term sorry, but its just a shame whing lacks a turn of foot cos thats what let him down with gus.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hoyte is not as good as whing overall, at least he has some bottle and passion, cant have hoyte long term sorry, but its just a shame whing lacks a turn of foot cos thats what let him down with gus.

or the lack of passing ability or composure on the ball.
I like Whing but in a team that looks to play football and keep the ball on the floor he is never going to be a favourite.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
what's the point in LIFE when terrible things like this happen?

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the Hospital Bed, let the visitors come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Injured,
Put crepe bows round the necks of the seagulls,
Let the Withdean Stewards wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North Stand, my South Stand, my East and West,
My Saturday Afternoon and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that it would last for ever: I was wrong.

The Spanish flags are not needed now: tear down every one;
Pack up the sombreros and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the champers and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here