Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde facebook pic...

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/423780_3091625043399_1047193980_3073334_370969231_n.jpg

423780_3091625043399_1047193980_3073334_370969231_n.jpg

His comment - "the dream turned into a nightmare but hey, This is Anfield"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Even pro's can be excited about playing at a certain ground can't they?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Nooneys been tweeting pics of him by the Anfield sign too... aswell as a tweet saying what an incredible day he had!!!!
Find that a bit depressing frankly. Don't mean to be a misery but I thought we (& Nooney in particular) showed them a lot less respect at the Amex

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
very sad, makes us look like two-bob non league team.

i have disliked noone the past week.......we pay his wages, he has not been professional at all.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't mind what they do before or after the match.

I just would rather not have Noone tweeting his pic of him smiling next to the Anfield sign so soon after we had been smashed 6v1. Bit of tact needed.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I don't mind what they do before or after the match.

I just would rather not have Noone tweeting his pic of him smiling next to the Anfield sign so soon after we had been smashed 6v1. Bit of tact needed.
Yep but what some of them did before and after the match, maybe affected (even subconciously) how they approached the match?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went on the tour of Anfield in the morning and frankly the whole thing was shite.

The Anfield sign and tunnel area is the most unimpressive thing I have seen for ages.

The AMEX tour is about ten times better.

D

Deleted member 18477

I went on the tour of Anfield in the morning and frankly the whole thing was shite.

The Anfield sign and tunnel area is the most unimpressive thing I have seen for ages.

The AMEX tour is about ten times better.

the history isn't shite though. but yes if you were to compare the stadiums like for like taking history out of the argument...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought yesterday the performance showed that some of our players have a small time mentality, Gus needs to kick that out of them or we need to get in players that are going to be more ruthless. We can't have players that get overawed by the occassion if we go up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
While I see no problem in the players enjoying the trip, and accept that it is bound to be a BUZZ for them, I also like to see from Calde and Nav that they appreciate their day was runined, turned into a nightmare with the result.

However, the image in my mind that I don't like is that of a dozen or more, players gathering around the sign, armed with cameras, taking it in turns to go up to the sign and have their picture taken. It would make us look like a bunch of school kids on a trip to look round the place.

Then again, we are what we are, namely a squad of players on the rise, and they haven't (except Vicente) ever reached the stage of their career where they can take one World famous stadium after another as a routine part of their job, so they are bound to be excited by it.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
People seem to forget that we came up from League 1 last year... How many of the players would of dreamed to play at a stadium like Anfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here