Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Caicedo - world class

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
From DecZerbi’s post match comments I’d say he’s gone too
Sounds that way. RDZ seems philosophical. I hope that's just because he knows who we've got lined up.

The biggest irritation is the acceptance nationally that 'teams like Brighton' should reach a level and not be allowed to progress further. With Mac, Caicedo and a few additions who's to say we wouldn't have finished top 4 next year? Particularly galling coming from the likes of Shearer from a 'big club' perspective, when Newcastle haven't won anything for well over half a century.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I suspect Caicedo will only leave if it's a bid close to, or exceeding, £100m. He's just too difficult to replace. It wouldn't shock me if he went to Barcelona or Real Madrid. He's that good
And he is 3 years younger than Mac with only a season and a half at the club. For several reasons, think TB will play very hard ball with this one.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
And he is 3 years younger than Mac with only a season and a half at the club. For several reasons, think TB will play very hard ball with this one.
Yep. Personally I think like RDZ said there is the possibility that Caicedo COULD go, but there's still a lot that needs to happen for it to become reality. We turned down £70m in January, and then he signed a new contract. He's put in another 5 months of fantastic performances since then, and he's still only 21. He may go this summer, but absolute minimum we'd accept is £80m, probably more, and how many clubs are willing to part with cash like that? Not many at all. So I could absolutely see him still here next season. He certainly wasnt saying his goodbyes in the final few games.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I agree there’s not many clubs that can afford him . Arsenal are clearly keen though . Possibly Real Madrid I don’t know .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I suspect Caicedo will only leave if it's a bid close to, or exceeding, £100m. He's just too difficult to replace. It wouldn't shock me if he went to Barcelona or Real Madrid. He's that good
It would me. Barca are absolutely skint and Real are about to sign Bellingham for circa £130m and already have Kroos, Modric, Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni. His only options will be in the PL unless PSG come out of nowhere.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I don't think Caicedo has the emotional attachment to the club Alexis does. He already said good bye to us in the last transfer window...
Exactly, and he knows full well that he’s ready to play at the very top level, there’s not much more benefit to his development to keep playing here - he’s can hold down a starting spot at any team in the world except maybe Real and Man City.

I think there must be some kind of gentleman’s agreement that went on behind the scenes that he would be sold this summer, provided that a bid of X was received.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lot of reports this morning suggesting Bayern will outbid Arsenal for Rice (and that Rice has already spoken to Tommy T). Can see Arsenal coming back strongly for Moises if they miss out on Rice, but it’ll take more than what they offered last time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here