Who is the better player?

• Caicedo

Votes: 154 94.5%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Was there really such a big difference between them in ability for such a valuation difference?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yes, Biss is class, Moises is world class.
This. End of conversation. Anyone who thinks Biss is on Caicedo’s level hasn’t watched any Albion games in the last 5 years.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Was there really such a big difference between them in ability for such a valuation difference?
A big difference in ability I think but I get what you’re saying. I’m not sure it’s as big as the difference in valuation. Apart from the Messi/Ronaldo/Mbappe types, I don’t think there are many expensive players who are 2-3x better than the rest.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No one really gave a shit when Bissouma was inevitably sold with just a year left on his deal last summer as we already knew Caicedo was better back then.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The fees are mental for a DM I don’t go to a football match thinking I wonder what our DM can do today. No it’s about the Mitoma’s Ferguson and Pedro’s that bring the excitement and now we have Adingra to add. Those huge fees should be kept for the players that get you off your feet IMO. You appreciate good defensive displays but unless that ball goes in the net football soon gets pretty boring ie three seasons of Potter.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
it’s about the Mitoma’s Ferguson and Pedro’s that bring the excitement
It's the Caicados that allow the others to do much more of what you like. Plus it's the Caicados who help see home games and ultimately win prizes. Plus, for some, seeing the Caicados effectively running the game, making exceptional tackles etc, is also just as exciting. Anyway, we move on.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The fees are mental for a DM I don’t go to a football match thinking I wonder what our DM can do today. No it’s about the Mitoma’s Ferguson and Pedro’s that bring the excitement and now we have Adingra to add. Those huge fees should be kept for the players that get you off your feet IMO. You appreciate good defensive displays but unless that ball goes in the net football soon gets pretty boring ie three seasons of Potter.
All great sides have had an incredible DM who was pivotal to their success. Bissouma is a great DM who breaks up play. Caicedo has ability on the ball when under pressure and can find a pass which builds play. Such players are very rare, but I've no idea why he would choose Chelsea over Liverpool considering the size of their current rebuilding projects.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
That’s the difference between a fan and a manager.

Those exciting players need the ball to do their magic. Without a solid spine you get nowhere.

Leicester would have not even got top 6 the year they won the league without Kante

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Watching the ball go into your own net gets pretty boring pretty fast as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I saw some Spurs fan on Twitter squealing about how good Bissouma is going to be this season and how he is better than Caicedo.

I liked Bissouma a lot, he's a very decent player. But he makes more mistakes than Caicedo, has a a tendency to try the flash stuff now and again which doesn't come off, and is nowhere near as consistent. He could go several weeks being completely anonymous in games, which Caicedo never did. Bissouma is also older.

Caicedo is at least a 7/10 every single week, and as somebody has already said it better than I could: Bissouma is class. Caicedo is world class. Nobody was ever going to fall over themselves to pay us even £60m for Bissouma, even if he'd had years left on his contract. Should still prove to be a great value buy for Spurs though, now the Italian David Moyes has left the club.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All great sides have had an iI've no idea why he would choose Chelsea over Liverpool considering the size of their current rebuilding projects.
I could be wrong but I have a hunch that it's the £250,000 per week basic salary that Chelsea are paying him, compared to the rumoured £160,000 that Liverpool offered.

Jul 7, 2003
All great sides have had an incredible DM who was pivotal to their success. Bissouma is a great DM who breaks up play. Caicedo has ability on the ball when under pressure and can find a pass which builds play. Such players are very rare, but I've no idea why he would choose Chelsea over Liverpool considering the size of their current rebuilding projects.
The great France team of the late 1990's is known for the attacking flair of Henry, Zidane, etc but they all recognised that having Didier Deschamps behind them gave them the freedom to attack.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's the Caicados that allow the others to do much more of what you like. Plus it's the Caicados who help see home games and ultimately win prizes. Plus, for some, seeing the Caicados effectively running the game, making exceptional tackles etc, is also just as exciting. Anyway, we move on.
A good DM will get an applause during a game an attacker gets you out the seat that’s the comparison I’m making. as a fan.
Watching the ball go into your own net gets pretty boring pretty fast as well.
That’s the difference between a fan and a manager.

Those exciting players need the ball to do their magic. Without a solid spine you get nowhere.

Leicester would have not even got top 6 the year they won the league without Kante
Agree we pay to watch football managers get paid to watch football 🤣

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Going to slightly buck the trend (without actually doing so) and say there wasn't an enormous amount of difference between them. Caicedo however has a much higher ceiling than Biss. Caicedo the slightly better player, but also much younger, with much more opportunity to develop.

A crying shame we saw so little of them together at the Albion. I love Pascal, but imagine where we could've ended up last season with a trio of Caicedo, Bissouma and Mac Allister under RDZ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here