Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cafe for a full English in Clapham Junction please

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What is your ideal full English?

Fried Egg, Bacon, Sausage (not deep fried), Mushrooms (cooked in butter), Beans (well cooked and stodgy, served with the breakfast NOT in a pot), Black Pudding and Toast. Orange juice and a mug of tea.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fried Egg, Bacon, Sausage (not deep fried), Mushrooms (cooked in butter), Beans (well cooked and stodgy, served with the breakfast NOT in a pot), Black Pudding and Toast. Orange juice and a mug of tea.

I'd add fried bread.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I did look at this but was slightly put off by the wide ranging menu. Full Englishes plus they do all manner of pancakes and also halloumi dishes. Nothing against these items per se but I always think cafes lose something when they try and be too many things to too many people.

Agreed, i'm always suspicious of fish and chips shops that also sell kebabs.

And..a full breakfast that I had in that London had chips with it !!!.chips are not a breakfast item & don't get me started on hash browns, cheap plate fillers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agreed, i'm always suspicious of fish and chips shops that also sell kebabs.

And..a full breakfast that I had in that London had chips with it !!!.chips are not a breakfast item & don't get me started on hash browns, cheap plate fillers.

I quite like hash browns.

Here's my list of cafe crimes in order of severity:
Referring to Eggs Benedict as "benny eggs"
Tomato ketchup as "Tommy K"
Depending on my mood orange juice as OJ.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like a hash brown but I prefer fried potato slices. or B&S.

referring to mushrooms as "mush" makes me feel ill. Mush on toast. No, you're alright ta.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Has he not got the AlfredMizen "I Know London Considerably More Than You" iphone app?
Obviously not , neither did you in your previous guise as nibble when you thought tooting was near Cheam.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Obviously not , neither did you in your previous guise as nibble when you thought tooting was near Cheam.

The-Fugitive-Tommy-Lee-Jones-I-Dont-Care.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here