Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Cabinet reshuffle under way...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Johnson ensuring he is still surrounded by people with less ability than he has. A difficult job given the very small pool to select from.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wonder how many Tories who were furious about the tax rises but told to shut up if you want a ministerial job have actually got one.
Greed doesn't even come into it.
The choice is dreadful anyway whoever replaces who, its like being asked if you would rather tread in dog shit or cow shit.
Cow shit surely?..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Making Liz Truss Foreign Secretary is no different to making Mike Basset England Manager.

It wouldn't surprise me her first move was to appoint Benson and Hedges as joint ambassadors to Afghanistan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So Gove only gets Housing Minster job, and the poisoned chalice of being responsible for the Union.

International Trade Secretary is a rather important role - I wonder who will get that? It seems incredible to me that - post-Brexit - the only meaningful trade deal we've got over the line during Truss's tenure was Australia, but that was deemed a good enough performance to get her a big promotion.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do you remember when Tory Ministers were people like Howe, Clarke, Heseltine, Hurd, and Baker?

I didn’t agree with them , but, at least they were reasonably competent.( and honest)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Making Liz Truss Foreign Secretary is no different to making Mike Basset England Manager.

It wouldn't surprise me her first move was to appoint Benson and Hedges as joint ambassadors to Afghanistan.

It was Pritti Patel who lobbied on behalf of BAT, back in 2015.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you remember when Tory Ministers were people like Howe, Clarke, Heseltine, Hurd, and Baker?

I didn’t agree with them , but, at least they were reasonably competent.( and honest)

You're right and it's a sad reflection on the politics of today. Neither major parties and indeed the majority of minor ones have anyone of the gravitas of yesteryear. I don't believe a word any of them say, so very few of them have had a proper job and lack empathy with the plebs like us.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Liz Truss :ffsparr:

Mind you, they did appoint BJ a few years ago...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Ah yes, the days when ministers would resign, as a matter of honour, if something happened on their watch.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is that the same Liz Truss that has so successfully negotiated all those trade deals after Brexit as we all knew she was going to do?
She must be so pissed off that she is not going to get on the £200M super yacht.
Honestly, Liz bloody Truss, it's becoming more like Zippos Circus every day.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I think the standard of cabinet/shadow cabinet MPs has been diminishing for some time.
It's increasingly becoming a career for otherwise incompetent egotists.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

They would hold their own party to account if they thought a policy or Bill was wrong, bad or stupid. Barely anyone now left in the Tory government with either a heart or a brain, and none that combine the two.....anyway, has little Grant Shapps, the Minister for Flags survived the cull?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Raab: You know what Boris old chum, I don't like travelling much and my summer holiday this year has been ruined. Just give me a quiet job which no-one will care about and I'll make sure all my supporters continue to support you.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They would hold their own party to account if they thought a policy or Bill was wrong, bad or stupid. Barely anyone now left in the Tory government with either a heart or a brain, and none that combine the two.....anyway, has little Grant Shapps, the Minister for Flags survived the cull?

I’ve spoken to his office a few times, he’s a complete wimp.

He’s not agreed with a lot that’s happened on his watch and asked for evidence which wasn’t given

His office/team are idiots as well

Instead of resigning he’s just taken it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Dominic Raab confirmed as Justice Secretary, Lord Chancellor and Deputy Prime Minister - first Cabinet appointment

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

So he’s got three whole new jobs to mess up now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here