Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BZ image rights

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So when we first moved back to Withers and had a moderately successful team they were quite inventive with things like this. They had a range of t-shirts modeled on the cult zeros silhouette of a players head with a quip based caption beneath that were actually very good - think there were ones for Zamora, Oatway, FDM and Nathan Jones for a start. So yes, yes they have made similar things of similar standard before and I hope they do likewise this time.

As for your Barberism and Big Time comments they really do beggar belief. Get with the program and realise that if we're ever to become 'big time' in your eyes and make it to the Premier league then we need to scrap for every penny out there. Yes it might be heavy handed to suggest that a smaller company like Cult Zeros cant market an item with BZ's face on it but you might want to stop and think if they've pulled this one why haven't they pulled all the others representing former Albion players if it's about being big time? Maybe, god forbid, Bobby himself has his image rights patented and therefore that's why it's been pulled by order of his representatives and not by the club.

So quick to attack. It's boring.

Now then, stop making perfect sense!

Unless terry butcher is a young fella ........... Why would you want to walk around with BZ's head on a tee shirt anyway? Loved the juvenile 'Barbernonics' quote, obviously the club should make no money and Uncle Tony should just keep bank rolling us!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sad and pathetic if you ask me.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
From what I recall, I don't see how they can. The TSLR guys, smartly I assume, have kept to logos and wording that could not be protected by the club.

Yep exactly, it's all thought out or I'm sure they would have had a word with us.

Surprised that BHAFC wasn't copyrighted until recently, though I think that simply using the phrase would clearly suggest your are trying to make money from the image of a private business.

Terms like Albion and Sussex are fair game I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here