Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Byron Burger - illegal workers

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No, no. Quite the opposite. Stand down. Your private property is quite safe from my lefty leanings. I am merely stating that yes, if we find illegal workers, send them back, if we find employers knowingly employing them, punish them. But let's not look down on anyone with scorn if all they are doing is trying to better their family's lot. They are not after your property, they are looking to make a living.

Thanks goodness for that -just as I was about to build a wall around the house. Whilst I also accept that migrants understandably also want to better themselves, this does not of course mean that we should automatically agree that they can enter Britain to increase their standard of living. You do accept, don't you?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
apply some follow up checks, rather than simply see an easily faked ID or easily obtained passport. as i understand employers just have to say they've seen an ID/passport and take that at face value.

No, not true, as long as they have taken and kept a copy of what docs were presented then they have a 'statuary defence' Nor expected to be forgery experts etc.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Hope they're all deported. Rules are rules.

*sigh* usual misconception here, unless they served a custodial sentence or are deemed 'non conducive' to the public good, Illegal Immigrants/workers etc are NOT deported, they are administratively removed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thanks goodness for that -just as I was about to build a wall around the house. Whilst I also accept that migrants understandably also want to better themselves, this does not of course mean that we should automatically agree that they can enter Britain to increase their standard of living. You do accept, don't you?

I more than accept that. I advocate it. If I had my way you could come here to live and work if you have a vital skill in a role that could not be filled by anyone suitable in this country. Why the F anyone is employing immigrants to flip burgers which a million native school leavers could be doing beggars belief.

But if someone gets into a country and legally gets a job and wants to have a crack at a better life I won't pour scorn on them, my ancestors were Irish immigrants in the 1850's. They were spat at in the street and barred form shops and pubs. If it wasn't for their tenacity I'd either not be here or be brought up in Belfast. Most of us are doing okay now.

Regards,

Paddy O' Clamp
The lucky heather King of Sussex.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
*sigh* usual misconception here, unless they served a custodial sentence or are deemed 'non conducive' to the public good, Illegal Immigrants/workers etc are NOT deported, they are administratively removed.
Fine. Call it whatever name you like. The important thing is to put them on a plane to wherever they clamed to have come from ASAP, without paying thousands in legal aid and benefits whilst they make endless appeals.
Very sorry for the individuals, but it needs to be made clear to any would be illegal immigrant that you can't just waltz in here on false papers and get away with it, and that sooner or later you'll get booted out.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I more than accept that. I advocate it. If I had my way you could come here to live and work if you have a vital skill in a role that could not be filled by anyone suitable in this country. Why the F anyone is employing immigrants to flip burgers which a million native school leavers could be doing beggars belief.

But if someone gets into a country and legally gets a job and wants to have a crack at a better life I won't pour scorn on them, my ancestors were Irish immigrants in the 1850's. They were spat at in the street and barred form shops and pubs. If it wasn't for their tenacity I'd either not be here or be brought up in Belfast. Most of us are doing okay now.

Regards,

Paddy O' Clamp

With great respect, your posts do at times seem somewhat muddled. On the one hand, you are grateful that your ancestors, with presumably no skills, were able to come here and work, then you criticise present-day employers for having folk flipping burgers. What you mention about having your way - is this now what already happens, when vital NHS workers are being recruited? And of course you are being conveniently selective, mentioning only those with needed skills. The worry is, as you know, that the situation has become so uncontrolled. Most folk see the advantages of limited immigration, as such, but understandably fret over the effect on social cohesion and pressures on the infrastructure when numbers are so overwhelming.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No not all all. I have a life outside NSC, so don't read all posts.

I was just curious about your comment regarding letting too many migrants in and your location of Melbourne as soon as possible, If you are going there for a holiday, I have the wrong end of the stick. No biggy.

Ahh, but I won't be an economic migrant, or be in receipt of any kind of benefits, which is what I was accusing Mr Corbyn of offering to all and sundry who attempt to land on our shores. I will be financing myself in Australia, in fact I have to pay to get in on a permanent basis, and offer a returnable bond which is forfeited should I make any claim for state handouts within a certain timescale.

Strangely, it is a style of migration control which many Brexitiers have been calling for, and I ain't one of the leave campaigners/winners!

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Fine. Call it whatever name you like. The important thing is to put them on a plane to wherever they clamed to have come from ASAP, without paying thousands in legal aid and benefits whilst they make endless appeals.
Very sorry for the individuals, but it needs to be made clear to any would be illegal immigrant that you can't just waltz in here on false papers and get away with it, and that sooner or later you'll get booted out.

Don't worry I agree, however most on false docs etc they don't use them to enter the UK as they would be picked up on the point of entry, it's those that either enter illegally or arrive here using legal methods, visa, visitor etc and then 'decide' when they are not entitled to for which they need the false docs to prove they have the right to work in the UK. Also they cannot claim legal aid or access benefits whilst here illegally (or legally in some cases)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Regards,

Paddy O' Clamp
They must have lived to about 150 years old to be able to tell you that .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
With great respect, your posts do at times seem somewhat muddled. On the one hand, you are grateful that your ancestors, with presumably no skills, were able to come here and work, then you criticise present-day employers for having folk flipping burgers. What you mention about having your way - is this now what already happens, when vital NHS workers are being recruited? And of course you are being conveniently selective, mentioning only those with needed skills. The worry is, as you know, that the situation has become so uncontrolled. Most folk see the advantages of limited immigration, as such, but understandably fret over the effect on social cohesion and pressures on the infrastructure when numbers are so overwhelming.

Did I say they had no skills? My forefathers were Navigational Engineers, or Navvies as you may know them. England needed them desperately, they had the skills and the willing to do the work, English folks didn't. Hard graft but skill involved.

I think it may be you getting muddled. My stance is simple: YES to people with skills and training we need, NO to people who just come here to do unskilled menial jobs that school leavers or our unemployed can do.

Easy peasy lemons are squeezy, knickers are cheesy, It's getting breezy, Don't need no Japaneezy.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
my ancestors were Irish immigrants in the 1850's. They were spat at in the street and barred form shops and pubs. If it wasn't for their tenacity I'd either not be here or be brought up in Belfast. Most of us are doing okay now..

Forgive me if I've got it wrong but I could have sworn that you've previously said how you come from a long line of Church of Ireland bishops and canons and that you had indeed spent a considerable part of your childhood in Northern Ireland.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Forgive me if I've got it wrong but I could have sworn that you've previously said how you come from a long line of Church of Ireland bishops and canons and that you had indeed spent a considerable part of your childhood in Northern Ireland.

That's fine. You're forgiven.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Did I say they had no skills? My forefathers were Navigational Engineers, or Navvies as you may know them. England needed them desperately, they had the skills and the willing to do the work, English folks didn't. Hard graft but skill involved.

digging. you're talking about digging, all graft and no other buggers would do it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
digging. you're talking about digging, all graft and no other buggers would do it.

Well, there is slightly more to it than just that but that's about the size of it. With experience.

Blimey, there really are some right down in the mouth, outright rude old sods on here who don't seem happy unless they are badgering someone or trying to have a dig. Extraordinary.

Last edited:

Collingburnian

May 13, 2016
Shoreham by Sea
There is a lot of hysterical and ill informed stuff on this thread. It matters not who supplies illegal workers with false documents, those who present them know that they are not genuine and that they themselves are not who they purport to be, and they know full well that they run the risk of being found out. If caught, they know they will be deported and all the bleating in the world won't stop that happening. The laws are framed to protect the working rights of those here legitimately. I worked in the Immigration Service for 35 years and know whereof I write.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This is an interesting point because before you can worry about your OWN before others you have to define who your own are. This definition could be anything from members or your immediate family, extended family, people in your street, suburb, town, etc etc.

How exactly do you define your OWN?

Those not belonging to our OwN will be removed, those questioning who our OWN are will be the ones taken out and hung.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here