Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bygone Snacks

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yep mr simms in worthing,spent a tenner in there yesterday,everything in there:clap2:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Best done on a long fork in front of the fire. Then some fool invented an electric toaster and took all the fun away. I still do my toast on a grill not a toaster, much better.
Quite right...thick slice of bread...fresh...toasted over coal fire,smothered in dripping with plenty of the brown jelly in it,a shake of salt...yummy stuff.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Yup, the corona man we used to call him. Does Corona pop even still exist now?

Yep I remember him.

Also used to like chewy bars called Texans. And another bar called Lovells Milky Lunch which was like a big Milky Way but nicer.

And "Dads Cookies " the best biscuits ever. You can't get them anymore. My Grandad always had them in a triangular tin in the kitchen cupboard.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
How about these
Space_raiders_snack.jpg

Those are still for sale in pretty much all London news agents, I still eat them regularly! :cool:

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
i loved these bad boys, so much nicer than todays frazzles

rancheros.jpg

Totally agree. Quite partial to a grab bag sized pack of Frazzles but would take these instead any day of the week!

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
What about those apple tart boiled sweets? They were yummy. My personal fave is those chewy milk bottle sweets that are lightly dusted, which thank god you can still get. Wagon wheels were great when I was a kid. They were massive !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I remember when ET came out they did ET biscuits. Like custard creams but cola flavoured.

I mean when the film came out. I know nothin about his sexual predilictions.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
imgres

Bruno Tapas

Aug 8, 2012
There used to be this lorry came round once a week selling bottles of pop. You would buy them then the next week when they came back get your deposit back on the bottle. Recycling before it was fashionable. Maybe they should do that again, would increase recycling levels.

I used to drive one of those for Corona

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here