Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By- Election imminent LUCAS arrested at Balcombe.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
I'm actually the polar opposite. Usually I find her self publicising a bit irritating, but in this instance she has my utmost respect. She's a green MP so of course she's going to be against fracking, because of that I think her intentions are pure. Any publicity is good for the proterster's cause. She's had the balls to stand up and be counted and to stand up against the rent-a-thug Met police who turned up to bully people protesting. Fair play to her :thumbsup:

:ffsparr:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I fully support the rights of the company to do exploratory investigation. The forces of law and order must prevail against the disgusting protesters.
The actions of Lucas and her ilk are a disgrace. I hope heavy fines are handed out to cover the massive police bill that these dreadful people have run up.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I would be perfectly happy if she was my MP. She is a lot more interesting than what I have to deal with.

Agreed. My MP in favour of fox hunting, corporal punishment in schools, maintaining nuclear weapons, a hereditary House of Lords, the Iraq War, and stricter control of abortion. He is against gay rights, euthanasia, the legal recognition of transsexuality and gambling.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Agreed. My MP in favour of fox hunting, corporal punishment in schools, maintaining nuclear weapons, a hereditary House of Lords, the Iraq War, and stricter control of abortion. He is against gay rights, euthanasia, the legal recognition of transsexuality and gambling.

Which constituency is the 1950's in?

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
And so it begins....the self righteous martyr complex whining and defending of deluded liberals. Imagine the response from the left/liberals if this had been a TORY mp !!! :ohmy:(i dont and will never vote tory i voted green in Brighton ). Double standards ,misguided fantasy politics.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
And so it begins....the self righteous martyr complex whining and defending of deluded liberals. Imagine the response from the left/liberals if this had been a TORY mp !!! :ohmy:(i dont and will never vote tory i voted green in Brighton ). Double standards ,misguided fantasy politics.

If a Tory MP had done what?

Ha, is this self parody? The whingeing of you and other righties over Lucas is curdling milk at 50 paces :lolol:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I fully support the rights of the company to do exploratory investigation. The forces of law and order must prevail against the disgusting protesters.
The actions of Lucas and her ilk are a disgrace. I hope heavy fines are handed out to cover the massive police bill that these dreadful people have run up.

I say sir! Despoiling our leafy countryside is just too much.

Why don't they drill in the desolate tracts of North East England, there's nothing to spoil in that barren landscape and the indigenous population won't notice or kick up, they'll be to busy queuing for the dole or down the boozer spending it.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I expected nothing less of her. It was a no-brainer her getting involved. It would seem some people on here prefer snivellling right-wingers who suck up to big business, who are looking to make a killing at the expense of the environment. One planet, unfettered economic growth with finite resources. It's not sustainable. Leave something for our grandchildren FFS!

Thank god something perceptive on here. Thank you.

Just to come back on your more substantive point - I do think there is a lot less double standards on the progressive side of politics in terms of supporting political opponents who do brave unusual things.

I'll give you the example today of Dawn Barnett - now she's a pretty rightwing local Brighton Tory councillor whos done a lot of unsavoury things in the past to get up the nose of people like me including baiting travellers - she has now got into trouble with the councillor standards board for throwing what weight she has around over how a care home has treated an elderly resident. She might have broken a few rules but I think most people on the left will say good on ya Dawn for stirring things up. Would be nice to hear some right-wingers say Lucas is acting from firm political principle on an issue of interest to all.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unfortunately, Timmy won't be able to see the reaction to his post until he gets home from work. Now he isn't something big in the city, he doesn't have Web access. Guess it stops him burning too many burgers

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

Out with anger, in with love :love:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I'm pretty sure the enviromentalists (that's what they are, not left/right) would welcome a Tory MP with open arms. Anyway, isn't this the greenest government ever according to Mr Cameron or was that just another lie?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just not under your house though, eh? I think that's the issue. Well that and the shocking amount of water the process uses.

As for Lucas, I'm in two minds. Why does it follow that an MP should have any respect for the status quo? If she hadn't turned out to protest and risk arrest, she'd have been accused by her own kind of turning all Uncle Tom now that she's in parliament. Besides which, her success and behaviour annoy hove moron & inbred, so she deserves to be cut a bit of slack.

It is not a question of 'not under my house'.The ridiculous reaction has been fuelled by the usual suspects who don't want fracking to be tried anywhere,regardless of the benefits it may well bring to this country and its citizens.
For God's sake it would be criminal not to look at fracking and to scientifically weigh up the benefits and potential problems in order that an informed debate may be had about the whole matter.Instead,all we have are the ill-informed rabble having a jolly at the taxpayers expense,whilst they promote exaggerated claims to try and make their case.
Where would this and other countries be if we hadn't had the good sense to explore new sources of energy when the opportunity presents itself.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Perhaps if we explore the possibilities that fracking offers,our grandchildren may be able to afford to warm their houses.

Or perhaps the energy will be disseminated by fuel companies that make over a billion pounds profit per year, when there is ample solar, wind and tide energy to power the country with no environmental impact ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here