Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By- Election imminent LUCAS arrested at Balcombe.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I didn't say that, a lawyer would advise you of false allegation, do not put words in my mouth. I mentioned nothing to do with 'neo-liberals'. Please Sir, back off with your invective. I do not need to expand on my opinion that C* Lucas is in fact, ineffective.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I didn't say that, a lawyer would advise you of false allegation, do not put words in my mouth. I mentioned nothing to do with 'neo-liberals'. Please Sir, back off with your invective. I do not need to expand on my opinion that C* Lucas is in fact, ineffective.

Hold on, you said "No they couldn't this country would never progress", so I replied asking what you meant by progress. I then went on to suggest little progress has been made under neo-liberalism (the default economic system in the UK). I'm pretty sure we don't need lawyers here either. Anyway, nay point in this. Goodnight.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Hold on, you said "No they couldn't this country would never progress", so I replied asking what you meant by progress. I then went on to suggest little progress has been made under neo-liberalism (the default economic system in the UK). I'm pretty sure we don't need lawyers here either. Anyway, nay point in this. Goodnight.

I guess it's late. Maybe we'll pick this up later. Peace

Unfortunately it would show up on an enhanced CRB (now called DBS by the way - disclosure & barring service).
But an arrest (or even a conviction) isn't automatically a bar to employment. The offence has to be relevant to concerns about the protection of children or vulnerable adults. It's difficult to see how obstructing a public highway falls into that category.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
But an arrest (or even a conviction) isn't automatically a bar to employment. The offence has to be relevant to concerns about the protection of children or vulnerable adults. It's difficult to see how obstructing a public highway falls into that category.

Actually that's correct. But I understand a persistent and prolific record of conviction, arrest or formal caution that doesn't necessarily pertain to the protection of children or vulnerable adults can still determine an employers decision to hire. I may be wrong though.

Actually that's correct. But I understand a persistent and prolific record of conviction, arrest or formal caution that doesn't necessarily pertain to the protection of children or vulnerable adults can still determine an employers decision to hire. I may be wrong though.
As an employer of staff who work with children and vulnerable adults, I can report that we are meticulously fair about how we apply the guidelines. I think that applies to most other employers in these lines of business as well.

As a Labour voter, I have never voted for Lucas. But reading the drivel pumped up by the likes of you and the OP, it's becoming clear to me that it's quite important she gets re-elected. And yes she is my constituency MP.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Living in Haywards Heath and not travelling to or through Balcombe unless going to Gatwick for a holiday the protest doesnt affect me greatly but I wonder why arent the police allowed to use water cannons to disperse law breaking demonstrators or is it to difficult to differentiate between those acting within and those outside of the law.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Living in Haywards Heath and not travelling to or through Balcombe unless going to Gatwick for a holiday the protest doesnt affect me greatly but I wonder why arent the police allowed to use water cannons to disperse law breaking demonstrators or is it to difficult to differentiate between those acting within and those outside of the law.

Thanks i was finding it hard to sleep but thats done it. :yawn:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Green MP and Party Leader protests against environmental damage. The SHOCK!! The HORROR!!

Haven't voted for her before but I'll be making an effort to get back on the register in Brighton Pavilion in order to help re-elect her.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What a surprise, the BBC put a very different spin on it. Sounds like it's the police who were 'disgraceful'. And the fact you have quoted her as "screeching" in the back of the van (were you there?) when she was apparently very calm when she was arrested, along with the other peaceful protestors, is possibly libellous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23753750

Police 'disgraceful' for what exactly?

Protestors were told that they were illegally blocking the highway, and if they continued they would be arrested. When officers attempted to arrest those blocking the highway the protestors resisted arrest. Police then used minimum force necessary to carry out the arrests.

Where is the 'disgraceful' bit?

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Since when did an arrest show on a CRB check surely only a conviction does as many are arrested and not charged for whatever reason.
On the old Enhanced CRB non conviction information has appeared for years.

Not sure how that will apply for the new system.

However the new system will not show lower end convictions from years ago.

TB

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
All these protesters going after a drilling company doing what drilling companies do, (and did back in 1986 at the same site, with no problems) seem to be missing the point.

Obviously one of the local landowners has been paid to grant drilling, so why not have a chat with them!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Police 'disgraceful' for what exactly?

Protestors were told that they were illegally blocking the highway, and if they continued they would be arrested. When officers attempted to arrest those blocking the highway the protestors resisted arrest. Police then used minimum force necessary to carry out the arrests.

Where is the 'disgraceful' bit?

Probably a bit OTT, but I was responding to the OP who described Lucas's behaviour (without any evidence) in the same way. From what I've read from various reports it does seem the police's handling of what by all accounts was a peaceful demonstration was rather heavy-handed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here