Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying home ticket without 10 points

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But they could allow sths to purchase more than one ticket. I could then have got them for her. Problem solved

But of course the club doesn't know that you won't fire the five extra tickets in the direction of a tout or away fans does it?....... I think it is a sensible approach for a high demand game.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
But of course the club doesn't know that you won't fire the five extra tickets in the direction of a tout or away fans does it?....... I think it is a sensible approach for a high demand game.

Will you think that if it doesnt sell out?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A few hundred empties....?....... Meh!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just called and restrictions set, 1 per fan number, shame as I wanted another 1 but cant buy them.

Wasn't that the deal anyway? You could purchase up to 6, but you needed to associate an existing fan number (with 10+ points) to each one.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
But they could allow sths to purchase more than one ticket. I could then have got them for her. Problem solved

Why should the club do that?

Why should someone who's never attended an Amex game get a ticket when there are PLENTY who have been before who want to go this time?

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
so i'm guessing the answer to my original question after a little bit of confusion is that my mate is watching it on sky....shame

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There appears to be loads of seats available, and lots of multiples in every stand.

mmidd7

Nov 22, 2013
I managed to get one for me and Dad on the same customer number on Monday. On Monday I could have brought up to 6 on the same customer number...

Now Friends have asked if i can get some for them, so checked this morning after hearing loads were avaliable again but coudn't purchase any more using the customer number used on Monday as have got two already?!
Why change the restrictions when the club now need to sell the remaining tickets? With 2 days to go aswell.....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wasn't that the deal anyway? You could purchase up to 6, but you needed to associate an existing fan number (with 10+ points) to each one.

Not originally. I bought an extra three seats just using my fan number when the booking originally opened. I then went back yesterday evening to try to buy another pair for some more friends and the system wouldn't allow me to, saying that it was now 1 per fan number.

The club must have changed the rule at some point between me buying the original extra three and yesterday night.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I managed to get one for me and Dad on the same customer number on Monday. On Monday I could have brought up to 6 on the same customer number...

Now Friends have asked if i can get some for them, so checked this morning after hearing loads were avaliable again but coudn't purchase any more using the customer number used on Monday as have got two already?!
Why change the restrictions when the club now need to sell the remaining tickets? With 2 days to go aswell.....

I don't know, but I'd take a pretty good guess that there will be some intelligence that Derby will sell out completely and some Derby fans will try, or have been trying, to buy tickets in the Albion section.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Why should the club do that?

Why should someone who's never attended an Amex game get a ticket when there are PLENTY who have been before who want to go this time?

Because if there are tickets available (which there is hundreds/couple thousand as of this morning) surely its better going to casual Brighton fans rather than being empty or Derby being handed more tickets.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interestingly, as of this morning, Derby have "only" sold 23,000 themselves for their home game on Sunday. So even accounting for 3,000 Albion, they've still got 6,000 seats to sell.

We will sell out, Derby will sell out - for a combined attendance of 62,000.

mmidd7

Nov 22, 2013
I don't know, but I'd take a pretty good guess that there will be some intelligence that Derby will sell out completely and some Derby fans will try, or have been trying, to buy tickets in the Albion section.

Yeah I understand the reasoning behind the 10+ points put in place now to stop Derby fans, but dont understand why I could have brought 6 on Monday on the same number... but am now unable to buy anymore as have brought two already... seems odd

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

That's fine but if someone was registered months ago but just didn't have 10 points (as there friends always booked for them) its a little harsh to deny a ticket I think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Because if there are tickets available (which there is hundreds/couple thousand as of this morning) surely its better going to casual Brighton fans rather than being empty or Derby being handed more tickets.

Derby have been given a very small half-block (or less) that is directly next to the existing allocated section. I would guess this has been done after police/both clubs/safety officer discussions that have resulted in mutual agreement that the segregation zones can be minimised.

No one will want numbers of Derby fans sprinkled amongst the home sections if it can be helped.

The club will have a lot of information to hand, based on previous games, about how quickly tickets sell and should be able to forecast with reasonable accuracy how many tickets will sell and, indeed, if a game is going to sell out completely.

I'm happy to trust the club - they have a lot more information to hand than you or I.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Sounds eminently plausible. Given there was a window of at least a few hours when you could buy up to 6 on one fan number, perhaps some Derby fans managed to get tickets in our end, unless there was also an unwritten rule along the lines of having to have bought tickets before this game, or having been a "fan" and having a fan number for more than just a few hours?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's fine but if someone was registered months ago but just didn't have 10 points (as there friends always booked for them) its a little harsh to deny a ticket I think.

Even when you book on behalf of someone else, you allocate the ticket purchase to a named fan. If you (or whoever) had done this only once for this fan then he'd have at least 20 points and be able to get a ticket. I'm not sure why anyone would NOT want the loyalty points...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

It will sell out and be the highest attendance. Couple of thousand tickets left after they've been in sale for 48 hours. Anyone who wants a ticket will get one, they just have to do what all of us have done and not use the biggest game of the season as a first visit.

Not difficult or hard, or even complicated. There is a 10 point restriction to stop derby buying in the home stands.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Even when you book on behalf of someone else, you allocate the ticket purchase to a named fan. If you (or whoever) had done this only once for this fan then he'd have at least 20 points and be able to get a ticket. I'm not sure why anyone would NOT want the loyalty points...

When I bought the three extra tickets on my fan number, I didn't have to give a name for them; they're all in my name. I only got the LP for my normal seat purchase though; no LP were given for the extra three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here