Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying Furniture

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can anyone help me out?

I have been charged with designing an optimal route around the furniture warehouses of South East England this weekend(I "never do anything else", so it is "only fair that I should take some responsibility for doing this rather than leaving everything to [Mrs G.]" ...?). The initial brief was that the route needs to take in DFS in Tunbridge Wells, Cargo in Brighton, some place in Hailsham and County Oak near Crawley - but I think I should find a few more just in case those don't have what we're looking for... ???

Where are the best places to buy sofas, beds, tables, etc? Is there one location that could provide nirvanesque release by getting it done in one hit?

please help

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lakeside - get there early. Ilva and Ikea. I PITY you.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lush said:
I'd suggest Ikea, except it is HELL ON EARTH at the weekend.
thanks Lush... I was going to reply but I've got to wait 90 seconds now...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Lakeside - get there early. Ilva and Ikea. I PITY you.
is it WORTH IT though? (compared to the more local and less hellish options...)

has anyone used the IKEA delivery service?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Moshe Gariani said:
is it WORTH IT though? (compared to the more local and less hellish options...)

has anyone used the IKEA delivery service?
Yes, for a sofa which one had to order. It was fine. It's a long way and full of chavs but at least everythings in the same place. Plus there's a DECATHLON there, a brilliant and cheap sports shop.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I had a sofa delivered form Ikea years ago and it was a fairly painless operation. The quality of the sofa was shit though and I have now replaced it with a sofa from DFS which is far better quality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got our sofa from DFS, about a year ago.
Only last night we were saying it was definately our best perchase.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Another vote for DFS, bought my sofas from them, easily the best that I could find...believe me that I went to just about every place that I could find in the area. My main criteria for the larger sofa was that I could stretch out on it and wouldn't wake up with a crick neck if I did fall asleep (I am roughly 6ft 2ins tall). I have to say that it is the most comfortable sofa I have had the pleasure to sleep on...it nearly claimed me again during the footy last night.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Gully said:
Another vote for DFS, bought my sofas from them, easily the best that I could find...believe me that I went to just about every place that I could find in the area. My main criteria for the larger sofa was that I could stretch out on it and wouldn't wake up with a crick neck if I did fall asleep (I am roughly 6ft 2ins tall). I have to say that it is the most comfortable sofa I have had the pleasure to sleep on...it nearly claimed me again during the footy last night.
thanks for the advice... looks like I'm the lucky winner of a trip to Croydon then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here