Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying cup tickets online - child pricing

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It's a visit/phone call to to ticket office for you but it will only take seconds to rectify :thumbsup:

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
I've got a similar problem. Being an oldie, but it wants to charge me full price too although my mate, who is on my friends and family is still a senior. Bloody technology!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Should have added that I had same thing with my boy for gillingham game but after going into the ticket office it's all sorted.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I wanted to upgrade two child tickets to adult but wasn't able to do so - decided to buy them anyway and try to upgrade by phone. Hopefully will work out

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
It's a visit/phone call to to ticket office for you but it will only take seconds to rectify :thumbsup:

Had exactly the same problem for the Spurs/Gills and Sunderland matches and ended up going into the club shop on both occasions. Am really hacked off this hasn't been rectified particularly as I won't be able to take time off work on Monday. I also can't spare the time to hang on the phone for hours. How can the club justify charging a booking fee when the convenience of using the online system is completely negated by this hassle?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Buy at the stated price. Then call the TO or go in and they will refund difference to your card and should put it right. That's what they did for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had exactly the same problem for the Spurs/Gills and Sunderland matches and ended up going into the club shop on both occasions. Am really hacked off this hasn't been rectified particularly as I won't be able to take time off work on Monday. I also can't spare the time to hang on the phone for hours. How can the club justify charging a booking fee when the convenience of using the online system is completely negated by this hassle?

I will want this sorted permanently, to save future time.

They also charged his season ticket DD at too high a rate, but a helpful female in the (then Queens Road) ticket office corrected this, with a reduced DD for the remainder. Admitted their error.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Buy at the stated price. Then call the TO or go in and they will refund difference to your card and should put it right. That's what they did for me.

Thanks for the advice. I'll go into the shop to get a refund. It still means extra, completely unnecessary hassle though every time there is a cup match. The ticket office were obviously aware of this problem pre-season with the Spurs and Gills tickets, but nothing has been done to fix it. Presumably we are stuck with a sub-standard computer programme? In such circumstances the least the club could do is to refund the £2 booking fee. It's a shame to have this irritant in what is turning into another fantastic season for Albion supporters.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I have exactly the same problem - will go into the ticket shop today to change it.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Has happened to me for both the previous two cup games when trying to book tickets for my grandson on-line. Just seems ridiculous that it requires a visit to the ticket office each time to rectify it. I realise in the grand scheme of things it's only a small problem but surely one that the club could rectify fairly easily.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should have added that I had same thing with my boy for gillingham game but after going into the ticket office it's all sorted.

Ditto, all sorted with on phone call

imbrightontillidie

Jan 12, 2011
have the ssame problem!! its so annoying! wish the club would sort it out cause instead of getting my tickets as soon as they come out online i have to wait a few days to ring up

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Is everyone in different stands? I'm in the family stand and the child price came up automatically, no problems. £6, sorted!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Happened to me pre-season for teh Spurs game. Phone call to the club and it's sorted in no time. Hasn't happened again since.

Simples.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I think I had this problem (sorry, memory is not too good). The first time I contacted the club and they did a refund. The second time, I chose the "Under 16" option and when I updated the cart is defaulted back to "Adult". I then tried "Under 18" and did the update and it stayed as the child price.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Now been to Amex shop ticket counter, with the offending Smart Card. They say they solved it there and then.
Will now try and buy online again, once the high activity wanes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here