Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying a new car - help please?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
As I seem to live much of my life through the recommendations of my fellow NSC-ers, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good 'ol honest used car dealership in the Brighton area. My budget is about 5k and I need something cheaper to run than my old 4x4.

Ta

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know a couple of people who have brought cars from Woodbourne Motors who have been very happy.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Lighthouse motors overpriced and poor after sales service. Their Warranty is an absolute farce.
Have bought 2 cars, mine and missus, from Wholesale Motors on Portland road and they have great after sales and also a decent warranty.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Think you will struggle to get a new car for 5k in Britain.
You can get the nano in India and have change left over though

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
If i were you i would seriously consider buying from here British Car Auctions

I have purchased my last 2 cabs from their auction house at Blackbushe , both were ex company/lease cars , 1 owner from new , full main dealer service history etc , etc and both have given me 100,000 + miles for general wear and tear (starters , brakes , tyres , clutch)
Should you buy from the auction you will cut out the middle man (garage/forecourt) and save yourself the £500.00 + they bung on top :wink:

Downside is the drive , probably 1 hour 30 from Brighton to either Paddock Wood or Blackbushe , but well worth a look at the website at the very least .

Noddy11

Nov 24, 2011
might not have much in your budget but car supermarket in Crawley has a great range so you get to see about 500 cars at once. I bought a couple of cars from there never any problems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here