Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus, train or the car to Falmer?

Wait and see is for me as I probably wont get a chance visit the Amex for the first few games. Theoretically can get a regular bus to the ground 5' walk from home but a bit worried about the returning crowds. Other option is car to Lewes and then train or P & R.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
National Rail Enquiries

Edit: that link doesn't appear to work but if you dont want to drive then it's about an hour and a half (I think) on the train or maybe bus to Tunbridge Wells and then jump on the 29 bus to Brighton which drops off and picks up right next to the Amex.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think it's really going to be a suck it and see experience for the first few matches until people find their feet regarding travelling arrangements. To the opening poster, do you not have a local Seagulls Supporter group running coaches to home games?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hopefully i'll be driving there and parking at the stadium the downside of which is no matchday beer.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Not sure yet, to get the train up from Crawley means going into Brighton, then changing and back to Falmer which is a bit long winded especially for a night game, when I need to be up at 4 am the next day but not so bad on a Saturday.
I thought about parking somewhere in Moulscoomb and jumping on the train there which will probably be quicker.
Either that or parking in Coldean or Moulscoomb and walking up to the stadium, but not entirely sure of distance or routes, guess I'll just follow the crowds !

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm driving from Shoreham Beach to the station. Train to Brighton, 2 min change for train to Falmer. Overal jouney time 30 mins.

Not sure how coming back will work out tho. Roll on 6/8
Im not convinced that the train to the ground is going to be any easier.

Skinthead

Jul 26, 2004
There Abouts
We have signed up for the coach travel from Worthing (Stagedoor) , 7 of us no brainer really gets you to the ground about an hour before kick off and leaves about an hour after, and we can have a beer, works out about £6.00 per game and no hanging around at train staitions, no point in taking a car there wont be anywhere to park.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't know how to get home though.

Attachments

• parachute.jpg
    parachute.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 419

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We have signed up for the coach travel from Worthing (Stagedoor) , 7 of us no brainer really gets you to the ground about an hour before kick off and leaves about an hour after, and we can have a beer, works out about £6.00 per game and no hanging around at train staitions, no point in taking a car there wont be anywhere to park.

Just wondering if Stagedoor have had much interest from the Eastbourne area on this as definitely an options I would consider.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
I shall have try all options to see what is best for me as i work in Worthing nights, and am supposed to start at 6pm. The best option i reckon might be the Shoreham football special being run by Brighton and Hove buses, but i have to check where they are picking up and dropping in Southwick. Any info appreciated.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I'll be travelling from East Grinstead to Falmer on matchdays. I'm really not sure of the best method of transport. Any ideas?:bhasign:

Driving is the best option parking in the area is not a problem, there is A- around the village pond ,B- the pub car park ,and C- university car parking spaces which are mostly empty saturday afternoons and tuesday evenings

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
I think most of us are patiently waiting for the club to tell us the full travel arrangements rather than the snippets of information provided so far, i.e. how many per car and price to use one of the car parks, about the travel concessions and costs involved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think most of us are patiently waiting for the club to tell us the full travel arrangements rather than the snippets of information provided so far, i.e. how many per car and price to use one of the car parks, about the travel concessions and costs involved.

I fall into that category.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'll be parking at the ground and walking, My Aunt and Dad are 1901 platinum members so get a parking place pretty close to it. Failing that bus from Rottingdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here