Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bus drivers wearing the colours (Weds)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hope this all goes well. Just as an aside, does anyone know what happened to Krispies? Used to see
him every match in the 90's (Gillingham etc).
Marriage and loads and loads of kids. When he isn't on duty at the hospital, he can be found in the North Stand.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wonder if it's the guy I spoke to a few weeks ago when I got on the No 1 at Whitehawk flats, where the 1 bus starts from?

He was sitting reading a match report in The Argus - we got chatting - nice guy - he was a massive Albion fan - get well soon.
@whitehawk 1? Used to post on the old NSC.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
About 20/25 years ago there was one that used to stick a mini kit and scarf on the cab window every time he went out, if he was running empty back to the garage he put on the destination board things like “17 Newcastle Metro Centre”
Haven’t seen him for years.

More recently there was an older, little guy going a bit bald.he used to do the 1s. He went by the original nickname of “Geordie” He works down Newhaven now, doing garage duties
I remember a bus driver on the 81/18 route who always had a Bradford City scarf with him. I wonder if he's still around.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Hopefully there’s already a few out there.
I’ll have an AEK scarf in the window as well as a reminder of a great laugh and a few beers me and the driver in question had in Athens pre match.

(Although thinking about it, he did get his pocket picked within about 20 minutes of arrival)

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
On Weds 24th (hopefully) you’ll se plenty of Brighton & Hove bus drivers wearing Albion shirts (and possibly a few rouge ones!)

One of the garages is holding a fundraising day in aid of a colleague who was suddenly and very unexpectedly taken ill a few weeks back. He’s still very ill and is expected to remain in hospital for some time, he is making progress but it’s a slow process to say the least.

The Albion angle is that he was certainly one of our own, a “tier oner” rarely missing a match home, away or abroad. He’s the sort of fan that ticks all the boxes on the “good neighbour at the Amex thread” Passionate, loyal, knowledgeable and likes the odd beer and a sing up without acting like an arse (well, certainly nothing that would appear on the radar!)

So if you see us on the road tomorrow give us a wave and I’m sure you’ll join in in wishing him a full recovery.
This is in aid of Dave who sits in N1B right up the back. I've sat with Dave for years and been away on countless trips with him too. Brilliant what the bus drivers are doing to help him.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The driver on the 29 up to Uckfield this morning didn't seem to be participating :(

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
The driver on the 29 up to Uckfield this morning didn't seem to be participating :(
Sadly numbers are low (IMO) as it appears it wasn’t promoted as much in the two larger garages (Conway and Lewes Rd)

Some are wearing blue shirts but unfortunately this sort of goes unnoticed

however it is more visible from his home garage (1s/21s/27s) It was a good morning at the depot with the bucket rattling well, also some have gone the extra mile, a few rivals (notably Arsenal Fulham and Liverpool) are proudly wearing Albion Shirts they’ve borrowed and in a few cases have purchased stuff at their own expense just for today so hats off to them!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly numbers are low (IMO) as it appears it wasn’t promoted as much in the two larger garages (Conway and Lewes Rd)

Some are wearing blue shirts but unfortunately this sort of goes unnoticed

however it is more visible from his home garage (1s/21s/27s) It was a good morning at the depot with the bucket rattling well, also some have gone the extra mile, a few rivals (notably Arsenal Fulham and Liverpool) are proudly wearing Albion Shirts they’ve borrowed and in a few cases have purchased stuff at their own expense just for today so hats off to them!
Good stuff.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
excellent

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
On Weds 24th (hopefully) you’ll se plenty of Brighton & Hove bus drivers wearing Albion shirts (and possibly a few rouge ones!)

One of the garages is holding a fundraising day in aid of a colleague who was suddenly and very unexpectedly taken ill a few weeks back. He’s still very ill and is expected to remain in hospital for some time, he is making progress but it’s a slow process to say the least.

The Albion angle is that he was certainly one of our own, a “tier oner” rarely missing a match home, away or abroad. He’s the sort of fan that ticks all the boxes on the “good neighbour at the Amex thread” Passionate, loyal, knowledgeable and likes the odd beer and a sing up without acting like an arse (well, certainly nothing that would appear on the radar!)

So if you see us on the road tomorrow give us a wave and I’m sure you’ll join in in wishing him a full recovery.
rouge or rogue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here