Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burton scruffpots Roll Call

Earwig

Sep 21, 2014
Burton Albion fan here.
The Derby Inn is in all honesty a bit of a dive.

The two nearest pubs are The Beech, a large Marston's pub which you will pass on the way to the ground(just off the A38)
If you're driving Jim the landlord, is happy for you to leave your car and you will have a 5 minute walk to the ground.

The Great Northern is just over the bridge behind the away terrace again a very short walk.
This is a great little pub that serves good quality real ales.

Car parking at and adjacent the ground is £2 per car.
You will find plenty of free parking on the nearby industrial estate or park on the grass verge on the approach to the ground.

If you arrive early enough, there are some quality pubs by the train station (a good 25 minute walk)
The Coopers, The Devonshire Arms, The Roebuck and The Alfred are all cracking pubs serving lovely beer!

Safe journey to those travelling

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/burton_albion/

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Try The Berkley on Waterloo St,last time i was in,2 local old boys had managed to piss themselves by 1045 am .Oh my:facepalm::facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm torn between the nun costume or the Wonder Woman outfit, to be honest.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Burton Albion fan here.
The Derby Inn is in all honesty a bit of a dive.

The two nearest pubs are The Beech, a large Marston's pub which you will pass on the way to the ground(just off the A38)
If you're driving Jim the landlord, is happy for you to leave your car and you will have a 5 minute walk to the ground.

The Great Northern is just over the bridge behind the away terrace again a very short walk.
This is a great little pub that serves good quality real ales.

Car parking at and adjacent the ground is £2 per car.
You will find plenty of free parking on the nearby industrial estate or park on the grass verge on the approach to the ground.

If you arrive early enough, there are some quality pubs by the train station (a good 25 minute walk)
The Coopers, The Devonshire Arms, The Roebuck and The Alfred are all cracking pubs serving lovely beer!

Safe journey to those travelling

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/burton_albion/

Thanks for the info Earwig, can you park near the Great Northern?

The Sump looks a pretty ordinary 'family' pub but with a great view of the river at the back. The Burton Bridge Inn seems to have decent beer and a beer garden next to the canal, but no food after lunchtime. Can you comment/advise on these?

PG

Earwig

Sep 21, 2014
The Sump is alright to be fair but a little out of the way.
The Burton Bridge is a brilliant pub, brews it's own beer but as you say doesn't do food all day.
Park anywhere near the ground and you'll soon be directed to The Great Northern, it's a bit of funny place to find if driving, one way streets etc!

If you are looking for food and a decent pub you won't go wrong with the following

The Cherry Tree Farm Pub (DE65 6DX) at Willington-Large family type pub and serves food all day.
It has a website and is about four miles away from the ground ( 3 local pubs in Willington within 100 yards of one another)
The Dragon has a good reputation and is right by a canal with plenty of seating outside(best pub of the three)

The Millhouse at Stretton (DE13 OLA) serves food all day, plenty of tables outside, right by the canal.
This pub is about a 10 minute walk to the ground,decent beer and you can call in at the Beech en route! (just past a MacDonalds)
The pub has a website .

The Anglesey Arms at Stretton (DE13 03Q) serves food all day, good beer and it's cheap.
It has a bowling green at the back and is again about a 10/15 minute walk from the ground.
This pub also has a website.

Cheers

Earwig

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
How can one predict how one will be dressed on any particular day? Surely it is as the mood takes you. However, if you're thinking of wearing the nun costume Edna, we may have one of those awkward moments.

Earwig

Sep 21, 2014
No, you'll be fine in all the pubs I've mentioned.
The only pub (as far as I know) that won't allow away fans in, is the Lord Burton in the town centre.
This is a Wetherspoons that has been wrecked/damaged by Rotherham/Wolves/Port Vale fans in the past to name a few.
We really are a friendly town and club.
You'll have an enjoyable time in Burton.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'll be seeing François my hair stylist tomorrow morning for a trim.
I'll leave it with him and collect it on my return from the manicurist. I don't want to let anyone down.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Caught a glimpse of the OP as he left and it seems he has not taken the smarten yourself up advice very seriously , i can only guess at why he is dressed up like a dutch trawlerman .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here