Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BURTON player ratings

Stockdale 8
Calderon 5: Not great, I thought he may have been in trouble with the ref for a tackle earlier in the second half.
Hughes 7: Didn't really notice him all night tbh. Did his job.
Dunk 7: Had a pretty good game but chose to clear twice when Stockdale had called him to leave. A couple of defensive headers went directly to unmarked opposition players and a totally needless booking.
Chicksen 6: I agree with El Pres - Tidy.
Gardner 5: Needed to work harder and didn't have much of a game. Some good examples of touch kicking for the RWC.
Lua Lua 7: Fine, had Burton worried throughout. Good goal, weak header before that when he could have scored
Bearded Bloke 8: I like him, my MoM.
Ince 6:
COG 5: Held up the ball better than CMS, one decent effort in the second half.
CMS 5: Tried, ran but didn't achieve much apart from the goal. Seemed to choose the wrong option when he did get in.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
I like to think that Paddy is like a fictional footballer from a 1970s comic. He has a natural skill and flair, but his real love in life is cultivating a beard and maintaining a melodious organic plot of land somewhere in the sticks where birds hop onto the top of his head and he says things like "Hello there little fella!" Perhaps the animals signal to him occassionally that someone's in trouble down at the old quarry or something. He then goes on some mad but brave escapade and saves the day, looks at his watch and says "Cripes! The match! I'd forgottten about that!" and arrives on the pitch at 2:59 (with quarry detritus still in his beard) as someone in the crowd says "I thought Paddy wasn't going to make it!" He then effortlessly swivels and turns and lays on goal after goal, finishing the day back at the shed with a cup of tea and a squirrel on the window ledge. If he actually lives in a duplex apartment at Brighton Marina, I don't want to know.

Genius. Let's have more from the comics of yesteryear. Am sure we employ quite a few Viz characters.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
<McCourt 7.88 (72mins, 8 votes)

The Rest:
Stockdale 7.75 (95mins, 8 votes)
Dunk 7.57 (95mins, 7 votes)
<LuaLua 7.13 (80mins, 8 votes)
Hughes 6.38 (95mins, 8 votes)