Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

How did we get the penalty ?

My point is we need to be more clinical in open play if we want to be in the top two.

I suppose we could draw penalties and hope the refs give them all, how boring though.

I'm a firm believer than in sport, Arnold Palmer was correct when he said..."The more I practice, the luckier I get".

I'm also a firm believer in the swings and roundabouts theory when it comes to ref decisions over the course of a season.

However, having said all that, there are times when luck really can have a major say in how a season pans out.

Last season I defy anyone to argue against the view that we had much more than our fair share of bad luck and that ultimately it probably cost us dearly. This season, so far, things seem to be going our way. So who knows where it might take us if it continues.

I too think swings and roundabout generally work out during the whole season, i also believe in you make your own luck to a degree. But i do like to be more decisive when going for the top position,assuming that is our goal this season. Lets hope so.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Player I suggested as a free agent 4th striker has scored for Blackburn....... Marvin Emnes but then he is not good enough for The Championship

Marvin Emnes is not a good player BG. If you had seen more of him you would know that. Reminds me of Chris O'Grady a little bit. Actually looks decent on the ball but you get very little productivity from him

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I doubt they'll be top six in May.

I think they will be. They are like us last year. Winning games by the odd goal. A good side knows how to grind out results - Their squad might not be big enough to cope with injuries and suspensions though

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Burton.JPG

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Get iiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn there!!!!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here