Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

Great result & points haul...well done Potter, coaching staff & players.

Back off Gullsworth, Just because I have been away for a month, you just think you can take over my position of the voice of reason on here.:bigwave:

With the Albion, Leeds and Villa all in the same division, we should have some great banter next year.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good away win . Well played and 41 points
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] will be gutted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That gutted i predicted a win in the prediction thread 0-1 gobby :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nice stuff from the Beeb’s report:

Brighton's style of play may have changed under manager Graham Potter, but one thing that has remained constant from the Chris Hughton era is the miserly defence.

In fact, Potter has made them a tighter outfit, conceding 1.42 goals per game this season compared to 1.57 in 2018-19 when they also finished just above the drop zone. Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy were the mainstays in central defence back then, but this season it has been Dunk and £20m signing Adam Webster.

Both acted as barricades on Sunday, repelling Burnley's physical attack and aerial assaults. Dunk was particularly outstanding and made a superb block to deny Kevin Long. With centre-back Ben White set to return to the south coast from a very successful loan spell at Leeds, expect Brighton to be even tougher to break down next season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To some fans, and people interested in club history. But what does all that matter to the players? One thing matters to them - staying in the premier league (and perhaps somewhat cycically, the wages that come with it). And they've achieved that. Their reaction/post-match behaviour to beating Norwich shows they believed they had achieved it with that win. If the above mattered, we would have seen a better performance v Newcastle (and probably seen more than one decent half v Southampton).

I get that, but for a new Prem manager if the media believe he is good then they give him respect and that respect gives him more authority, which then will affect his relationship with his players.

And the media look at the stats, not the attractiveness of performances. He has gone one better than Hughton managed, and in his first season. And that one point takes pressure off him because he has proved the doubters wrong.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brighton are so much more pragmatic now. If boxed in at the back when Ryan has the ball, we launch it.

It is the only way.

I said this to you. Potter just needed time. It's startling to bear fruit now. Next season we will be a different team.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Last up or not, I’m staying up for MOTD. I’ve not got SkySports Arena so I want to enjoy those goals in glorious HD.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brighton are so much more pragmatic now. If boxed in at the back when Ryan has the ball, we launch it.

It is the only way.

Indeed. As I've seen both Liverpool and Manchester City do it this season when it was the best option.

Passing it out from the back - tippy tappy - fannying around at the back - whatever you want to call it, all can be fine, depending on a). where on the pitch you're trying to do it and b). how effectively the other team are pressing you at that actual moment.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Job done for the season, confirmation that Propper and I think Mooy have to be moved on and even though Stephens seemed to realise over the last few games that he was under scrutiny, his consistency over the season is poor. So off with his head too.
Month off or so now, will be interesting to see what developments happen.
Back to 'what shade of pink do you like' type threads for a bit.
I also hope sock boy goes to Maure so that Villa will definitely be cannon fodder and I am sure he will stink there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here