Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is a going for it team, good on CH. I won't feel as bad if we lose this as I would have done if we'd gone all defensive and lost.

Looking forward to it

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Signed on to Sky Sports 1 (BT addition) for this game at £16 per month extra. Chance happened that I spoke to a Wigan supporter at the other end of the line. He pays £250 for his season ticket (I pay £650+)

I said Bong would be injured and asked about the Burnley midfielder David Jones (whom I had never heard of).
"He is very left footed and said he was garbage in the Premier League but perhaps he has now found his level."
Jones and Barton are expected to go like for like with Kayal and Stephens. I would thought that if our midfielders are as good as they seem we should be able to compete in the middle of the park.

Their wide men in a 4-4-2 are Boyd and Arfield who we have played against before.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Has anything been said about why Hunemeier, Crofts and Calderon aren't in the 18?

Here's my answer from The Argus:

Gordon Greer is back for Albion – and Bobby Zamora starts up front.

But Albion have yet been forced into changes to their matchday 18 for the six-pointer at Burnley.

Greer has recovered from a knee injury and replaces Uwe Huenemeier, who has a minor foot injury, at the back.

Bobby Zamora replaces the injured Sam Baldock in attack.

Development squad striker Daniel Akindayini, a former Spurs youngster signed in the summer, is brought on to the bench for the first time.
Inigo Calderon, who is unwell, and the injured Andrew Crofts (hamstring) and Rohan Ince (groin) are also absent from the 18.

Crofts, Ince and Huenemeier are not expected to be out for longer than this week.

Albion: Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Rosenior; March, Kayal, Stephens, Murphy; Zamora, Hemed. Subs: Maenpaa, Chicksen, Goldson, Holla, Forster-Caskey, Manu, Akindayini.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I applaud CH and his positive team selection. I've always considered that attacking is the best means of defending. Love our midfield today, and any positive result with Bong, Lua Lua, Croft and Uwe unavailable will be immense. :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
March & Murphy need to get wide and STAY THERE.

None of this cutting in at 20 yards, today is by-line cross, by-line cross.
Stephens and Kayal need to make sure one of them is always on the edge of the box.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Naylor says Uwe, Calde, Ince and Crofts should be back for Brum game. But no mention of LuaLua

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that whether by choice or forced by injuries CH has come up with a very defensive bench with the idea of getting a goal in front and holding it. Holla to come on as per Ince and if BZ tires or we are overun and lose midfield Chicksen on at left back and put LR in right midfield to make 5 or Murphy up front to keep 4-4-2 With the option of Akindayini an unknown to their scouts or Manu to come on to grab a goal Good thinking CH.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hoped this game would be a barometer of how we stand this year. Injuries/illness have put paid to this. Matched up 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 each side.

Only request, I think March is better on the left, most marked when passing after tracking back. But also for a left footer to help out Rosenoir.

Is Gray fast or is Greer too slow?

1-1 draw was only my prediction before I saw our team. Trepidations now.

"Relegation scrappers to title contenders." I don't see this. I see last season as a blip on steady improvement.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958959/Preview

Teams on http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34824944

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here