• Burnley

Votes: 62 21.9%
  • Everton

Votes: 221 78.1%

• Total voters

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Everton.

Without Dyche and major investment its hard to see Burnley being more than a relegation battle team next season. If Everton sort themselves out tactically they have the players to be higher up the league. So with Brighton's best interests in mind, next season I would see Burnley as a team that would be easier to take points from and finish above in the league.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As much as I dislike the racists, although they appear to be turning a corner with only 9 white players now, it would be hilarious if Everton went down

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
From an Albion point of view I guess Everton - as they are the most likely of the two to finish above us next season.

However this season we lost 0-2 & 0-3 at home to both and beat both away.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burnley are staying up.

Everton are dreadful and appointed the wrong manager, Leeds won’t be as bad as them so the scousers are going down for me.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Man City? I can but wish.

Everton for me just for the personal fact that 2 years ago some Everton yobs knocked my elderly father over getting back to the station and then laughed as they ran off. Needed a new hip op only 2 weeks later.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Everton would be funniest, Leeds are used to being in the lower divisions by now and it would be better seeing them stay up to get thrashed a lot next season and shattering any dillusions among their fans that they are a big club.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I'm with the majority on this, and for two key reasons:
1, Everton have no divine right to stay in this league, despite what many of their supporters claim
2, if Burnley stay up, they're more likely to go down next season, particularly after their barking decision to sack Dyche.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everton

It would be a fantastic achievement by Frank and the club will implode given no player contracts have reduced wage clauses

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I also like Frank Lampard. I just do. I know it's fashionable to laugh at his failings, but he did a pretty good job at Derby, a decent one at Chelsea before being dumped unfairly and now he has taken on a total shower at Everton.

I don't get this. He did poorly at Derby - this was a club that spent 10s of millions, they should have been nailed on for promotion but, no, he fluffed it. He took Chelsea (another club that heavily spent) to 9th before he was sacked. That doesn't strike me as inspiring record. And now he's got another club that's spaffed loads of money and is struggling with them too.

But the answer to the question is Leeds

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Everton for two reasons the first I think it’s healthy for a big team to get relegated if only to remind those across the pond that franchise football is not wanted here.
Secondly if Burnley were to stay up this season then one relegation spot would be pre booked for next season

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't get this. He did poorly at Derby - this was a club that spent 10s of millions, they should have been nailed on for promotion but, no, he fluffed it. He took Chelsea (another club that heavily spent) to 9th before he was sacked. That doesn't strike me as inspiring record. And now he's got another club that's spaffed loads of money and is struggling with them too.

But the answer to the question is Leeds

I’m afraid I don’t get this. Don’t know much about the chronology at Derby but I’m pretty sure Fat Frank was under a transfer embargo for a lot of his time at Chelsea which set them back versus rivals. Everton is a complete basket case. The money was spent before he joined and badly. No blame attached to him. My main criticism would be that he hasn’t moved up here. Living away from family in a hotel doesn’t exactly say commitment to the cause.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Leeds and Burnley are more likely to be weaker next year, I think, so one of those two. I think Leeds (and definitely Everton) would come straight back up again, but I doubt Burnley would...

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
It is a two horse race for 17th - Leeds are safe barring MASSIVE meltdown (would be funny though.) I feel pretty sure that Burnley will be the goners, but I would like Everton to go down. Even big clubs need resets every few decades, and the "grand old team" seems like a shambles from the outside. Also, despite it being a reality, I dislike the concept of yo-yo clubs, and Burnley might enter into that category if they go down and bounce back up again. However, with their newish owners, who might be bleeding the club dry, I suppose that isn't a given. Of course when we eventually go down, I'd like us to come back up immediately!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No contest - Everton for me.
Spent gazillions on players, poor club structure, allowed their previous manager to sell Digne, a locally loved player, entitled fans who routinely boo their own players.
Burnley, they'll keep.
Anyone old enough to remember the utter joy of Man U getting relegated would enjoy this one almost as much.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Everton for me . lets remember just 10 years before Hereford ,Burnley had their own D Day in Division 4 ,beating Orient that day put Aldershot in the first ever play offs . Burnley have come a long way since 87 .

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Great poll, for Bong I almost said Burnley, but Everton deserve it more. Burnley next year...

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not sure how anyone can vote for Burnley to go down. Burnley to stay up is no brainer to book second relegation place alongside playoff winner.

That leaves only Fulham or Bmuff (either or both of which could blow up) or random team that implodes (Leeds?) to fill third spot. Meantime we can get on with serious business of top 10 knowing there is a cushion of crap below.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here