Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley away at Charlton last game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
While Charlton were a much better side then I expected the one thing they aren't is a big powerful side which Burnley are. I think Burnley will out muscle them on the pitch.
Translation, Barton will elbow someone in the face, and stamp on someone, and the ref will bottle it.

As regards holding up kick off in the 2nd half they only need apply it to our game and Burnleys as every other issue is decided.
You've got a lot of stick for this, but I've heard worse ideas.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I would nt have preferred it but something has to be done to stop disruptions but still allow fans to protest. It wouldnt take many closed doors games to stop it, possibly only 1 when fans realize that the FL are serious. Fans would like at alternative protests.

I doubt we would be here today if that policy had been introduced in our darker times

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What exactly is their beef? I am sure its out there but havent seen it. What are the owners doing that is underimining the fabric of the club, as opposed to not investing as much in the team? I am sympathetic to Charlton fans but its not based on any facts

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Had that been the rule then the organizers of protests would have come up with alternative options as CAFC supporters should.

You're entitled to that opinion. Direct action is the only way to get results in these situations. Behind closed doors games being ordered would achieve the result of hitting the owners in the pocket. I'm sure at the time we would've coped with that in order to keep our club and I would imagine Charlton supporters feel the same right now

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Had that been the rule then the organizers of protests would have come up with alternative options as CAFC supporters should.

As you were somebody who didn't support the protests at the time, then your view doesn't surprise me.

Your comments need to be understood in that context

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just as well everyone else didn't see it your way or else you wouldn't have a club to support.

Debatable but that is now old hat and while it helped us it is not certain that it will help others.

Unfortunately this attitude manifested itself during the miners strike and is now accepted as normal protest tactics.

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015
Forgive me, but have Charlton Athletic suddenly turned a corner ?

I cannot see beyond a straight forward away win. I rather consider Burnley to be as good as promoted- and wanting to seal the Championship.

Although I can take as many 'I told you so's' as come if this turns out not to be the case.

how can they be as good as promoted if the top three teams are all on 87 points?

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 190
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 201
  • scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 201

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here