Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burglar Alarms - More boring life choices

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Seriously considering getting an alarm for the house. 3 bedroom semi, budget about £500. Quite like the idea of one that rings your mobile on activation (not through a monitoring station though). Anyone had one installed recently or got any good recommendations? Any advice would be most welcome

Been hunting on internet this morning but my head hurts now.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Yale Premium Alarm

It's wireless (with is what most intruder alarm companies fit nowadays), expandable, makes 3 calls and is only £159.99.

You have been charged £340.01 for this information.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
My advice would probably be don't get one. People i know who've had them seem to find them more trouble than they're worth. Set off accidentally, generally ignored (like car alarms) and occasionally a bloody nuisance to neighbours.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Get a large dog or 2

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
My advice would probably be don't get one. People i know who've had them seem to find them more trouble than they're worth. Set off accidentally, generally ignored (like car alarms) and occasionally a bloody nuisance to neighbours.

mine went off accidentally the other week, while i was at work. Both sets of neighbours checked my property then text me to let me know all was ok. The only time they are a pain is if there is a power cut in the middle of the night, but saying that they all go off locally then. Well worth the investment in my opinion

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
Seriously considering getting an alarm for the house. 3 bedroom semi, budget about £500. Quite like the idea of one that rings your mobile on activation (not through a monitoring station though). Anyone had one installed recently or got any good recommendations? Any advice would be most welcome

Been hunting on internet this morning but my head hurts now.

This is much better than the Yale one :

http://www.responseelectronics.com/SL5-Response-Wirefree-Telecommunicating-Intruder-Burlgar-Home-Alarm-System-868MHz.html

The addition of a Dummy Siren for the back or side of the house is really useful.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

This

A decent thief wouldnt be deterred by an alarm either

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This

A decent thief wouldnt be deterred by an alarm either

A couple of 6 dogs would put off would be intruders i vote dogs and many of them.

With strict feeding times just to keep them edgy and aggressive.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm moving house very soon and decided to get a burglar alarm as they're peace of mind when you're out and the area backs onto woods. Kestrel Alarms are good, who check them regularly and only cost a couple of hundred quid to install. Worth giving them a go as you live in the Mid Sussex area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here