Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burgess Hill station

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Does anyone else have problems travelling through Burgess Hill station to games?

First game of the season they would not let us through with a season ticket which I managed to get overuled after contacting the club.

Then yesterday we went there just before 11.00 and was told that all stations had been emailed to not accept season tickets before 1pm, I said that we have always used this train but was told if we did not buy a rail ticket we could get a £20 fine.

When we got to Brighton station loads of people were showing their season tickets at the barriers with no problems,I have contacted the club but getting really fed up with the staff at Burgess Hill station.

Does anyone else have problems travelling through Burgess Hill station to games?

First game of the season they would not let us through with a season ticket which I managed to get overuled after contacting the club.

Then yesterday we went there just before 11.00 and was told that all stations had been emailed to not accept season tickets before 1pm, I said that we have always used this train but was told if we did not buy a rail ticket we could get a £20 fine.

When we got to Brighton station loads of people were showing their season tickets at the barriers with no problems,I have contacted the club but getting really fed up with the staff at Burgess Hill station.

Go via Wivvy mate, much easier.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I had this at BH for the Ipswich game. Got to the station at 5 only to be told by a fat jobsworth to stand the other side of the barrier until 530 in case I took the piss by 'using the ticket to get free access to Brighton without any intention of going to the game.'

Despite assuring him that the fact I had a season ticket implied I probably was going to the game and that to go to Falmer you don't even go through the barriers at Brighton he was having none of it.

:wanker:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I had this at BH for the Ipswich game. Got to the station at 5 only to be told by a fat jobsworth to stand the other side of the barrier until 530 in case I took the piss by 'using the ticket to get free access to Brighton without any intention of going to the game.'

Despite assuring him that the fact I had a season ticket implied I probably was going to the game and that to go to Falmer you don't even go through the barriers at Brighton he was having none of it.

:wanker:

Ahh I know the twat! Burgess Hill station workers are all jobsworth wankers that constantly enjoy manipulating a situation. Went to a game in September, can't remember which one, went to catch a train just after 1 and they were haivng none of it. So I went down the side and the guy let me without any complaints!

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I never go through the main entrance always use the southbound platform entrance, I've never had problems with the guy on the southbound platform (if there's actually anyone down there)

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I never go through the main entrance always use the southbound platform entrance, I've never had problems with the guy on the southbound platform (if there's actually anyone down there)

We tried that after being rejected at the main entrance but the guy must have radioed down as the bloke knew we were coming :lolol:

D

Deleted member 18477

Print off this guys.

Subsidised Travel

Shove that in the jobsworths faces.

Albion chief executive Paul Barber explained, "We have asked the travel companies to ensure all staff and drivers are fully briefed and aware that a season ticket, match ticket or proof of purchase entitles our fans to use their services within the travel zone

"It's that simple: just show your season ticket, match ticket, or proof of purchase and you will be able to travel on Brighton & Hove Buses and all rail services in the travel zone."

11.30am - 9pm at the weekend!

4.15pm - midnight on a weekday!

Any problems just call the police as they're aware of all the travel arrangement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

Cheers for the heads up. I will continue to use wivelsfield. No barriers no staff.

D

Deleted User X18H

There was some jobsworth at Preston Park a few weeks back. This was about midday a Thameslink ticket revenue person of some sort. We had a little disagreement about the start time of the free travel which he said was 1PM. I went to gain access to the platform but he put his arm out and said no. And he did smile. As I did when I produced my Brighton - Haywards Heath season ticket and pushed past him.

Little victory's.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't have this problem we Travel on the Mid Sussex Seagull gus bus and get entertained by M C with his report on the referee for the match even funnier on the way back! I have used the season ticket from the Heath went to hove for a drink before going to Falmer no problem. These jobs worth should be flexible but they are carrying out instructions from Southern who must be making loads money out of the Albion supporters?

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Switching to train this season, did anyone travelling from Burgess Hill have issues catching a train before 1pm at the end of last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here