Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Buonanotte and Ferguson make the NXGN 50 list

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Every year Goal.com select the 50 best players aged under 19 for that respective season. Those who play Football Manager will be familiar with the list and it's significance.

This year both Facundo Buonanotte and Evan Ferguson appear.
Full list available here.

Facundo Buonanotte (Brighton)​

A revelation for Rosario Central after making his first-team debut at the start of the 2022 Argentine season, Buonanotte became the latest South American talent to be snapped up by Brighton in January.

The Seagulls paid over £5m up front to bring the attacking midfielder to the Amex Stadium, and Buonanotte has already made his Premier League debut for Roberto De Zerbi’s side.
The 18-year-old is regarded as a long-term successor for his compatriot Alexis Mac Allister at Brighton, and it’s likely they will be fighting it out for a place in the national team in the years to come.

Evan Ferguson (Brighton)​

Brighton have been crying out for a consistent striker since their promotion to the Premier League, but early signs suggest that they might have found their man in Ferguson.
The 18-year-old became the youngest player since 2009 to score in back-to-back Premier League matches earlier this season, with his strength and finishing ability allowing him to translate excellent youth-team performances to the senior level.

Already a full Republic of Ireland international, Ferguson rejected Liverpool when he decided to move to England, and Brighton are already reaping the rewards of being able to secure a top teenage talent.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Only 2 out of 50.

Barber out!
All that money spent at Lancing and a mere 4% of the world’s top teenage talent to show for it. Very poor.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Long-term successor for Alexis... am I the only one struggling to find any similarities in their playing style?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The ‘over £5million’ sounds much more likely than the ‘£10million’ some media outlets were reporting… Could be add ons I guess .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Every single game now, we look forward to getting 'the kids' on. Sarmiento, Enciso, Buonanotte, Ayari (loved that quote from Lallana, 'give them their own ball in training because you're not getting it back')

Watch out Adam, Solly, Pascal, Kaoru, Mosies and Ali, they're after your shirts :albion2:

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Long-term successor for Alexis... am I the only one struggling to find any similarities in their playing style?
He's a young midfielder from Argentina. What the f*ck more do you want?

'Playing styles'. FFS.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Your compatriot Yasim is his replacement surely?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yasin. Certainly a lot closer in terms of playing style but going to have to work his arse off to become equally good.
He had a great starter in his cameo against Grimsby imo. Remember how long it took for Alexis to bloom ( no pun intended) here

Have to say Alexis is a true Argie in his combative style since he came good, Yasin will have to toughen up before he gets to that level, but I like what I saw. He is still very young though.

Every single game now, we look forward to getting 'the kids' on. Sarmiento, Enciso, Buonanotte, Ayari (loved that quote from Lallana, 'give them their own ball in training because you're not getting it back')

Watch out Adam, Solly, Pascal, Kaoru, Mosies and Ali, they're after your shirts :albion2:
with seven games scheduled in April plus the Newcastle game to be rearranged i suspect we might see them all get a start or two in the next month and a half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here