Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bundesliga given approval to restart in May

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Funny chart. I chose to watch Hertha when I first lived over here temporarily about 14 years ago. I have seen Hertha numerous times home and away since then so it has to be them.

We bagged free tickets way back in 2002, when Fulham hosted Hertha Berlin in the Europa League, although it ended 0-0, it was a great display by my favourite referee Pierluigi Collina.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Been to 23 German games at 21 different grounds now and if I had to pick a Bundesliga side it will be Köln for sure!

I’ll be keeping an eye on Bundesliga 2 however. We had an outstanding day at Bielefeld last season and they’re unexpectedly top of the pile currently and looking good for promotion!

Spot on about Berlin. Haven’t done Union but Hertha is all a bit dull for such an awesome city.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been to 23 German games at 21 different grounds now and if I had to pick a Bundesliga side it will be Köln for sure!

I’ll be keeping an eye on Bundesliga 2 however. We had an outstanding day at Bielefeld last season and they’re unexpectedly top of the pile currently and looking good for promotion!

Spot on about Berlin. Haven’t done Union but Hertha is all a bit dull for such an awesome city.

Köln is a fantastic city as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’ve seen a few Union games in my time as well, including two Hertha derby games. Saw a friendly against Leeds and a very fiesty cup game against Bablesburg which was a derby-ish game back then.

My understanding is that Union are seen as the “real” football club and working class side whereas Hertha are the modern football yuppies. There’s also the East/West angle as well.

I used to go and watch Borussia Mönchengladbach quite a lot in the 1990s, when I was stationed in Germany withe RAF.
My mate, Charlie Booker used to take photos during the games, as there was an affiliation between football clubs, BM & Bruggen.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have friends in Koln and every season have a couple of weekends which includes football. Great atmosphere tickets about £20/25. Have to return favour when they visit. Last season cost me £112 for 2 Amex tickets

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Most matches available for viewing on Saturday, happy days.

Might don the leather shorts and enjoy with a little Liebfraumilch + wurst

Bund.JPG

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Does anyone really still have BT Sport though?

And yes, I know it's free if you have their broadband and it was just a joke.

But anyone else? It was the first thing under the bus for me.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Have friends in Koln and every season have a couple of weekends which includes football. Great atmosphere

I have really good friend who supports Koln, but that traditional silly Billy goat song they sing, does my head in. So in the Bundesliga, it can only be B Leverkusen, as it winds him up, and our Hooligan connection with them.

I have a fair few mates in Hamburg and go over a few times a year so St Pauli for me, because again I’m contrary Mary, and it winds them up, as they are all SV fans. :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Does anyone really still have BT Sport though?

And yes, I know it's free if you have their broadband and it was just a joke.

But anyone else? It was the first thing under the bus for me.

Me, I’m THE last subscriber.

When lockdown came about I read the predictable NSC horror stories of Virgin Media or Sky or BT taking the p, making a freezing of subscriptions protracted to say the least. I simply couldn’t be arsed to do the same, to save a few quid.

It suits us anyway, we love MMA and they’ve since shown quality repeats, plus last Saturday a live UFC card from Jacksonville.

We’re looking forward to Bundesliga games, we love football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here