Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bunch of pigs need to get off cms back!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Yes that's true, but the football differs greatly between League 1 and the Championship.

I wasn't really suggesting anything, I was just putting it out there. I don't know what the answer is. I just hate seeing these anti CMS, Barnes, Brezovan, Poyet threads. I agree its a message board made for peoples opinions. But these threads are too frequent, with some posters who just jump on the band wagon, just because we lost the previous match.

Clearly this season has exceeded expectations in many many ways - the CMS issue is one of money and not exceeding expectations - and people have been patient as he is such a tryer ( if thats a word). Unfortunately the return of 10 goals hasnt met with most fans expectations. We all admire his endeavour but is he good enough for the money we have spent. I think not.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
murray offers more than goals...what and CMS doesnt?? prety sure he does...

correct he hasnt scored as many as he and us would of liked....ITS HIS FIRST FULL SEASON...i hope he bangs in 30 last year and i can post this thread again and laugh

Dont you think we want that too Storer????

Nobody wants to admit hes not the player we thought he was going to be, far from it, but you have to be realistic too. If we had bought him for £1m then maybe people would be more understanding.

He DOES works his socks off. He DOES plenty of running. He DOESNT have the class required for a Promotion chasing team in the championship. IMO

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He won't get you promoted. He's not a natural goalscorer. He's a poor mans Brett Ormerod, works hard and chips in with 10ish goals a year. Look at the other teams strikers, the teams that are above you.

Saints: Lambert, Sharp, Lee, Connolly, Barnard
Reading: Roberts, Hunt, ALF, Church
West Ham: Cole, Maynard, Baldock, Vaz Te, Carew
Brum: King, Zigic, Folan, Rooney
Blackpool: Phillips, Lua Lua, Dobbie, Taylor-Fletcher, Ormerod
Cardiff: Miller, Mason, Earnshaw, Gestede
Boro: Emnes, McDonald, Jutkiewicz, Ogbeche
Leicester: Nugent, Beckford, Gallagher, Vassell

All of these teams have 2/3 top quality forwards and decent back up. Compare this to your front line, you just don't have the quality in this position, no real goal scorer. CMS has done it in league 1, and that's it. He's 28 and if he was any good someone would have picked him up a couple of years earlier.

Brighton: CMS, Barnes, Vokes

This is exactly correct. But the rose tinted brigade wont/cant accept this.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
if anyone thinks CMS is better than Murray in the system we play they need their head testing.

CMS needs to relax, looks pent up and wound up and just runs madly around for ages. not a bad footballer but needs to relax and use vision - great players dont need to run alot.

get rid in the summer - cash in i say. shame but true for the way we play. we are too continental for a traditional english forward.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This is getting beyond a joke having to watch and read all these comments coming from people who know little or have been tanked up on beer whilst watching the games slate him....

please just go to the next game...watch his runs off the ball which gives our poor full backs an option everytime... his runs which take defenders away and leave vicente with space...

last night...
first 10 mins his movement and touch an go attitude was spot on...his high tempo from the front didnt allow reading to play from the back or full there full backs...
he should of had a penalty...again from good movement...
second half... would of scored against any other keeper in the league...
and yes late on when he did go quiet was when jara reyes and calderon couldnt pick a forward pass into the space!!!

SHAL WE HAVE A VOTE...
CMS
CHRIS WOOD(how many goals this year?)
MURRAY (how many goals this year?)
PAYNTER (where has he been since)
VOKES (how many goals this year and every other loan club at this level?)
BARNES (only scores pens...well nearly)

think about it before you regret it next year an were back to a lump upfront who doesnt jump run score pass or care

Surely the point should be how much better a goal scorer could we have got for £2.5-3.5million? The others quoted are not the issue - the others are all we could afford with what is left of the Budget. It is all very good making runs to draw defenders, but with him being the only one up front and no midfielders breaking at pace - what is the point? If you want someone to win balls in the air, or bring others into the game - Vokes is far better at that role, and so is Chris Woods (from what I have seen of him this year). If you want someone with good technical ability and vision - Barnes is a better player. Murray is history - Gus did not want to spend much on him - get over it. Barn Door Billy - well, no thanks!

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Surely the point should be how much better a goal scorer could we have got for £2.5-3.5million? The others quoted are not the issue - the others are all we could afford with what is left of the Budget. It is all very good making runs to draw defenders, but with him being the only one up front and no midfielders breaking at pace - what is the point? If you want someone to win balls in the air, or bring others into the game - Vokes is far better at that role, and so is Chris Woods (from what I have seen of him this year). If you want someone with good technical ability and vision - Barnes is a better player. Murray is history - Gus did not want to spend much on him - get over it. Barn Door Billy - well, no thanks!

Am I wrong in thinking Billy Sharp was around the same price?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I can remember what CMS was like for the first half of the season,didn't score a great deal but played very well.I think the lack of service and a few missed chances has got to him and now he seems low on confidence and is trying too hard.Having seen him for the first half of the season is enough for me and i really hope he stays around.Its unfortunate he carries the big price tag.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
CMS does run his socks off and does contribute, I don't think anyone is doubting that. However he is our record signing and was bought to score 25+ a season, this hasn't worked after a lot of changing team & tactics.
I fully backed and supported CMS up until last night, I still like him and think he's a good player, but not what we thought we were spending £2.5 million on.

Maybe he needs tighter sock-elastic????

D

Deleted member 18477

This is getting beyond a joke having to watch and read all these comments coming from people who know little or have been tanked up on beer whilst watching the games slate him....

please just go to the next game...watch his runs off the ball which gives our poor full backs an option everytime... his runs which take defenders away and leave vicente with space...

last night...
first 10 mins his movement and touch an go attitude was spot on...his high tempo from the front didnt allow reading to play from the back or full there full backs...
he should of had a penalty...again from good movement...
second half... would of scored against any other keeper in the league...
and yes late on when he did go quiet was when jara reyes and calderon couldnt pick a forward pass into the space!!!

SHAL WE HAVE A VOTE...
CMS
CHRIS WOOD(how many goals this year?)
MURRAY (how many goals this year?)
PAYNTER (where has he been since)
VOKES (how many goals this year and every other loan club at this level?)
BARNES (only scores pens...well nearly)

think about it before you regret it next year an were back to a lump upfront who doesnt jump run score pass or care

CMS is well shit though. Glenn Murray is better. Bring back Murray. I love you Glenn!!!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
if anyone thinks CMS is better than Murray in the system we play they need their head testing.

CMS needs to relax, looks pent up and wound up and just runs madly around for ages. not a bad footballer but needs to relax and use vision - great players dont need to run alot.

get rid in the summer - cash in i say. shame but true for the way we play. we are too continental for a traditional english forward.

How much more continental would you be happy to see Albion turning into? Over 50% Hispanic, say?

D

Deleted member 18477

Dont you think we want that too Storer????

Nobody wants to admit hes not the player we thought he was going to be, far from it, but you have to be realistic too. If we had bought him for £1m then maybe people would be more understanding.

He DOES works his socks off. He DOES plenty of running. He DOESNT have the class required for a Promotion chasing team in the championship. IMO

Exactly this. No one dislikes CMS. For the price we all expected more goals. Really it's gus's fault for paying so much. Look at poor andy Carroll. He knows he ain't worth 35 million.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
CMS is a quality player who works his bollocks off every game he plays !!
IMO Gus should try him as an attacking central midfield player in this league he would destroy teams defences partnered up with Vicente !!! (PANTS DAMP AT PROSPECT)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
When we signed CMS we were going to build the team around him. We haven't and he's wasted in the system. His performances in games like Burnley and Ipswich at home were terrific because we used his pace. We should be getting more out of him and I can't help thinking he could be the player to transform our away form which is patchy at best. Mix it up, hit the channels occaisionally and he will deliever. Keep playing him with his back to goal and he won't.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Quite sure he won't be here next season anyway...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think CMS is a quality player, why would anyone want rid of him? I just don't get it?
It seems it's just the price tag some of these "pigs" as the OP calls them don't like. It's not about money. It's about the fact that we have a superb forward playing for us and a scoring run from him will come. Even when he doesnt score, he makes runs, wins free kicks and contributes massively. Anyone that can't see that is unable to understand football.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
CMS is a quality player who works his bollocks off every game he plays !!
IMO Gus should try him as an attacking central midfield player in this league he would destroy teams defences partnered up with Vicente !!! (PANTS DAMP AT PROSPECT)

CMS, attacking midfielder, who cant tackle, shoot, pass or control. Heard it all now

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just to correct the OP, it's a HERD* of pigs.

*I'd also accept "litter" or "trip" but definitely not "bunch"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here