[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mongrels were accidental when I was a kid, mostly involving nice dogs like collies . . . .

Now they seem to be deliberate and all about money or some deluded extreme or aggressive superiority.

It's not just the dogs that need neutering and eradicating.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Maybe? We have Bully XL’s at large in this country because of government inactivity. To try and say this subject is not political is just plain absurd.

For what it’s worth, I don’t blame the government because there are far more important things they should have been trying to deal with, this sort of thing is just another media sensationalist BS story, they are far more likely to save more lives by stopping their opposition (in some quarters) to things like ‘woke 20mph limits’.
At this precise moment in time this is what the government should be dealing with. As a dog owner and knowing someone that has an XL Bully who is posting on Facebook that their dog identifies as 'other', it probably needs some attention. She has 2 small children & before even realising what breed he was last year when she got him, as she'd never owned a dog before, I said to another friend that just by seeing his 'puppy' pics she must be mad as he's massive just as a puppy. I've only just known what breed he is by her post saying he identifies as 'other'. He is built like a brick shit house,
I said in an earlier post that it takes a lot of strength to pull back my 28kg Lab when he wants to jump in a pond or give too much love to another dog. He doesn't have a vicious bone in his body as far as I'm concerned, but I know I could just about manage to handle his weight if he suddenly turned into a nutter, but that's only on lead. If he turned into a nutter off lead, then I'd have to run as well as try & grab him from all sorts of angles, then I'd just floor him. I'm talking about a Labrador, not a 50kg+ dog.
My friend who has this dog is not a 'chav', but I don't understand the reasons why she got him. He probably is lovely but no one in their right minds are going to let their kids go round to see hers for a 'playdate'. Having that dog in her house is going to affect her kids without her even realising it. ☹️

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
At this precise moment in time this is what the government should be dealing with. As a dog owner and knowing someone that has an XL Bully who is posting on Facebook that their dog identifies as 'other', it probably needs some attention. She has 2 small children & before even realising what breed he was last year when she got him, as she'd never owned a dog before, I said to another friend that just by seeing his 'puppy' pics she must be mad as he's massive just as a puppy. I've only just known what breed he is by her post saying he identifies as 'other'. He is built like a brick shit house,
I said in an earlier post that it takes a lot of strength to pull back my 28kg Lab when he wants to jump in a pond or give too much love to another dog. He doesn't have a vicious bone in his body as far as I'm concerned, but I know I could just about manage to handle his weight if he suddenly turned into a nutter, but that's only on lead. If he turned into a nutter off lead, then I'd have to run as well as try & grab him from all sorts of angles, then I'd just floor him. I'm talking about a Labrador, not a 50kg+ dog.
My friend who has this dog is not a 'chav', but I don't understand the reasons why she got him. He probably is lovely but no one in their right minds are going to let their ks go round to see hers for a 'playdate'. Having that dog in her house is going to affect her kids without her even realising it.
So she has two small children and gets a puppy without even knowing what breed it is, and it's an XL Bully. Sorry, but what sort of idiot is she? Beggars belief, the stupidity.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Mongrels were accidental when I was a kid, mostly involving nice dogs like collies . . . .

Now they seem to be deliberate and all about money or some deluded extreme or aggressive superiority.

It's not just the dogs that need neutering and eradicating.
You'd be amazed at the 'breeds' people are buying. Cockapoo crossed with a Lab £1k! 🤦‍♀️ It's a Heinz 57, not a designer breed! Bichon frise crossed with a Yorkie is called a Borkie & that's £1Kas well.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
So she has two small children and gets a puppy without even knowing what breed it is, and it's an XL Bully. Sorry, but what sort of idiot is she? Beggars belief, the stupidity.
I think she knew what breed it was/is but didn't know that much about them and didn't think it through. Maybe? I don't actually know, but the facebook posts have ramped up in the last few hours. Pics how soppy the dog is sitting on the sofa & laying in the kids bed, with the kid in it. 🤦‍♀️
I love my dog to pieces but he isn't allowed on the sofas and under no circumstances is he allowed in the kids beds, he's not actually even allowed upstairs in the bedrooms. I think that's an ingrained thing from my parents, they never allowed it. It works though, he's a Lab that likes ponds & mud & I don't want the entire house covered in his hair, potential fleas & the general smell of Labrador. I don't know her well enough to say anything at the time that she's nuts getting him, I won't say anything now about him especially as he is probably a nice dog. I'm not going to be signing a petition to save the breed though. ☹️

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
A few reports on the BBC from Bully owners claiming their innocent dogs are perfect and not dangerous. 'Most loving calm dog I've ever had' etc and all that crap. One picture of your standard chav trackie wearing owner with quotes defending his particular dog called Bane. Not really helping your cause mate by naming your dog after a fictional violent murdering super villain, and don't try and claim its 'ironic' because you wouldn't have a clue what that is. I am fairly confident I could pick out the Bully owner from a lineup of 10 dog owners, they are the dog of choice of the underclass .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?
A dangerous dog, or a knife for that matter, can turn a weak nobody into a feared somebody. A hard man Or woman.
The appeal to those types is obvious and strong.
What I don’t understand is the the non-moron responsible dog owners who get a dog like this When there are so many other breeds to choose from.
American XL bullies should be banned today, and all existing ones should be destroyed. That will mean some trained dogs will die but, like I say, why get a dog like that in the first place?

Last edited:

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
A few reports on the BBC from Bully owners claiming their innocent dogs are perfect and not dangerous. 'Most loving calm dog I've ever had' etc and all that crap. One picture of your standard chav trackie wearing owner with quotes defending his particular dog called Bane. Not really helping your cause mate by naming your dog after a fictional violent murdering super villain, and don't try and claim its 'ironic' because you wouldn't have a clue what that is. I am fairly confident I could pick out the Bully owner from a lineup of 10 dog owners, they are the dog of choice of the underclass .
Social media dogs for social media people. Swathe of reports now featuring owners with the Bully’s nestled up against toddlers or younger..‘she’s 60kg of love’ 🫨
Would imagine in most situations the IQ of the dog is significantly higher than that of the owner.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Here’s an example of an advertisement for one of these dogs, oh my days..,,,

Sorry but 🤣🤣🤣🤣

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Social media dogs for social media people. Swathe of reports now featuring owners with the Bully’s nestled up against toddlers or younger..‘she’s 60kg of love’ 🫨
Would imagine in most situations the IQ of the dog is significantly higher than that of the owner.
We have made the decision to not donate, support in anyway or enter any charity shop supporting those opposing banning these dogs. RSPCA and Dogs Trust etc are putting public safety second and is unacceptable.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
We have made the decision to not donate, support in anyway or enter any charity shop supporting those opposing banning these dogs. RSPCA and Dogs Trust etc are putting public safety second and is unacceptable.
It's such a flawed argument and almost identical to the gun debate in the US, I.e "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". If the dogs that killed that poor fella did not exist they wouldn't have killed him, fact. Regardless of whether the owner may have had 2 other dangerous dogs it stinks of whataboutery and I expected better from the RSPCA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports