Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bully XL’s

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Maybe. They went the strict route with pit bulls though. If you are seen with one, it is seized, tested, and if found to be a pit bull variant, destroyed.
Should be the same for these pit bull variants.
Not necessarily. It can be returned with conditions (neutering, muzzled in public, insured) if the dog is assessed as not dangerous in itself, and the owner is fit and proper.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not necessarily. It can be returned with conditions (neutering, muzzled in public, insured) if the dog is assessed as not dangerous in itself, and the owner is fit and proper.
It’s my understanding that pit bulls are always destroyed as safety cannot ever be guaranteed with that breed.

In the U.K. it is against the law to own one. As in it’s prohibited and under no circumstances is anyone to own one. Without exception. I’m pretty sure.

Maybe I’m thinking of the States?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
O
released with a caution - shocking

thats part of the problem , no deterrent , poor kid be scarred for life physically and mentally
can only assume that’s because she agreed to have the dog put down. I said to Mrs HS that there should be a banning order on her preventing her from having any sort of dog in the future!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ah, I think you’re right.

Just read also that the owner doesn’t have to give the dog up.

Madness.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh dear

" run the thing through " ? Thanks Errol :)
Well of course I bloody would. It’s attacking a child outside a house.

I’m not gonna fanny about with a croc shoe and a plastic bucket.

It’s not got a mouth full of rubber bristles has it!

It’s getting knifed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
have they announced what will happen if you already own such a dog? Must they all be put to sleep therefore? Or live out their natural lives with a licence as such.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Shirley, if it is found to be an illegal breed that they have purchased, that means by definition that the owner can't be 'fit and proper' ???

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
There is no justification to own any of these breeds or for these breeds to even exist. If it were up to me then I wouldn’t stop at this breed, any dog that is essentially bred to have the capacity to maim a human would be nutured. Gradual extinction. It’s a f***ing wolf on a lead.

This is one of those ridiculous situations where I think of the lawmakers “what the hell are you waiting for”?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Every single one of them is dangerous. Capable of killing adults. The whole breed should be destroyed forthwith and the list I previously mentioned.....or......
let the needless injuries and deaths continue whilst various dog support organisations rushed to blame lack of training amongst owners.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Shirley, if it is found to be an illegal breed that they have purchased, that means by definition that the owner can't be 'fit and proper' ???
They're not illegal yet.

Seems very reasonable to add these dogs to the banned list, and potentially many/most of the current ones should be 'removed' too, but there probably are a reasonable number who are 'OK' and owned by responsible people. If they can continue to be well looked after, licensed and muzzled then it would be shame if they have to be destroyed too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There is no justification to own any of these breeds or for these breeds to even exist. If it were up to me then I wouldn’t stop at this breed, any dog that is essentially bred to have the capacity to maim a human would be nutured. Gradual extinction. It’s a f***ing wolf on a lead.

This is one of those ridiculous situations where I think of the lawmakers “what the hell are you waiting for”?
It’s way more dangerous than a wolf. It’s a man made Frankenstein monster, which only exists because - as someone previously said - there are a lot of wanabee dog owners with small penises.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They're not illegal yet.

Seems very reasonable to add these dogs to the banned list, and potentially many/most of the current ones should be 'removed' too, but there probably are a reasonable number who are 'OK' and owned by responsible people. If they can continue to be well looked after, licensed and muzzled then it would be shame if they have to be destroyed too.

I agree it would be a shame, but it would be worse if one of those went on to maim or kill a child. If the decision was mine I would have no doubt :down:

Mrs Wz's parents had a beautiful Alsatian which would always walk to heel around Glasgow with no lead, would be left outside shops while they went in and was always incredibly well trained. When her mother became pregnant with Mrs Wz's older brother, a friend of her father's took the dog. My MIL would still tell me how hard that decision was years later, but there was never any doubt it was the right one if they were going to have children.

When I was born, my parents had a Corgi. Apparently when I started moving around the house, it growled at me and so went off to the RSPCA (or equivalent). I appreciate that people can become very attached to dogs, but for me, it's either children or dogs, full stop. And as for breeds which are bred for fighting and aggression :facepalm:

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory announcement on this coming soon. They’ve rejigged their 5 pledges.

1. Kill all Bully XLs
2. Stop The Boats
3. Stop Asylum Seekers from the EU
4. Keep the triple lock
5. Increase MP pay-offs when they lose their seats

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

1. Kill all Bully XLs
2. Stop The Boats
4. Keep the triple lock
NSC announcement, there are plenty of political threads to pedal your vibe, this is about dogs hun, happy Fridat 👍

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

1. Kill all Bully XLs
2. Stop The Boats
4. Keep the triple lock

(1) .... Starmer's been hot on this too. James O'Brien tried to mock the Tories on coming up with banning XL Bully's the other morning, then very reluctantly mid show had to announce that Starmer had just announced exactly the same.

People are being killed or ripped apart by these dogs, far more important than zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz party political bitching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here