[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
As a dog lover and owner I find some of these comments particularly uninformed and unnecessarily prejudiced. There is nothing wrong with a well-trained well looked after Bull breed. There are vicious Yorkies out there. The only answer to some of these posters would be a complete ban on dogs. I vicious dog is a reflection of its owner. What a pathetic thread
As someone who’s been bitten 3 times by dogs in completely unprovoked attacks I would support a total ban on dogs. In addition to that I have twice been bitten by dogs that were out of control and attacking my kids on the beach (on the part of Worthing beach where dogs are actually banned). None of these were big or threatening breeds but they still ripped a lot of skin and drew a lot of blood. In each case the owners were the problem. Ban people from owning a dog unless they have demonstrated that they can own it responsibly

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This argument seems to be the equivalent of the US one on guns.

“Oh sure, this guy’s M16 was used to slaughter a classroom full of kids, but MINE wasn’t so it clearly isn’t the fault of the M16 that those kids are dead.”

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As someone who’s been bitten 3 times by dogs in completely unprovoked attacks I would support a total ban on dogs. In addition to that I have twice been bitten by dogs that were out of control and attacking my kids on the beach (on the part of Worthing beach where dogs are actually banned). None of these were big or threatening breeds but they still ripped a lot of skin and drew a lot of blood. In each case the owners were the problem. Ban people from owning a dog unless they have demonstrated that they can own it responsibly
As a dog owner I find this story depressing and I’m sorry you and your family have had to suffer, I’m afraid society has gone downhill rapidly in the last 5 years with the UK seemingly populated by more and more self centred individuals with no self awareness of their behaviour, I’m assuming this is just a UK thing.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't buy this 'it's all down to the owners' idea, there are clearly breeds of dogs that are better suited to being good natured pets and others that are bred to be aggressive.

I have a 2 year old working cocker spaniel which we have had since a puppy. It's the first time my wife and I have owned a dog and we got him because my son is neurodivergent and we felt it would be good for him.

Despite having no previous experience in owning a dog, and doing only a tiny bit of structured training when he was very young, he couldn't be more well behaved, gentle and good natured. He loves people, has good recall, never barks, has never been aggressive towards another dog, animal or human and all he wants to do is play and be cuddled and stroked!

We have given our dog a lot of love but his temperament must be in large part down to his breed and careful breeding by the person who we bought him off.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not near the greengrocers, no. But in the 'hood'.
Ah ok. Good! I have three small dogs and yes they can sometimes run into the garden yapping their heads off, especially if they see a cat walking along one of the walls. Not all time though (and yes I do call them in). Most of the time in the garden they're quiet.

If any of my neighbours didn't like it I would hope they'd approach me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This just about sums up the mentality of these killer dog owners. Posting pathetic memes like this…

IMG_1586.jpeg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This just about sums up the mentality of these killer dog owners. Posting pathetic memes like this…

View attachment 166447
I think we are going about this the wrong way, maybe the type of people that have these type of dogs need to be secretly removed from society, I’m yet to be convinced that the world is a better place with them in it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think we are going about this the wrong way, maybe the type of people that have these type of dogs need to be secretly removed from society, I’m yet to be convinced that the world is a better place with them in it?
Oh I agree. Double “drop on sight” order?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
As a dog owner I find this story depressing and I’m sorry you and your family have had to suffer, I’m afraid society has gone downhill rapidly in the last 5 years with the UK seemingly populated by more and more self centred individuals with no self awareness of their behaviour, I’m assuming this is just a UK thing.
I’m aware that the majority of dog owners (no doubt you included) are responsible, but this is neither new or UK specific. The first time I got bitten was about 50 years ago by a dog whose owner thought the way to exercise it was simply to let it roam the streets during the day. Another occasion was in Spain where the owner (a middle aged Spanish woman) just let her dog snap at anyone it liked without even attempting to control it.

Sadly there is a significant minority who don’t take your approach and seem to delight in their pooch having a go at someone. Because of them we need stricter dog control

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only dog I have been bitten by as an adult was a Malamute.

A few years ago when Game of Thrones came out and loads of blokes decided they were Vikings, a lot of them got Huskies, then a few unwise souls decided to go one better and get Malamutes.

Huskies do not make great pets but Malamutes SHOULD not be pets. Certainly not in this country .

They need a lot of exercise. We are talking 20 miles of running at least, a day. Which would kill them in our climate.

Anyway, this bloke I know had one. They have zero personality and this one tried to Alpha any male that came into its space. The owner never exercised it properly, preferring to smoke pot and be a dole mole his entire life. Dog was always throwing up through heat stroke.

It jumped up on me from behind and when I grabbed it’s collar to pull it off, it bit my forearm. A warning nip that left a two inch gash. Followed up by trying to take me to the ground. I managed to get the thing off me but never went around it again.

My point being, not all animals are suited to being pets.
Malamutes are bred to pull heavy loads for 20,30,40,50 miles at a time in freezing temperatures.
Pit Bull XL’s are bred for fighting.

It’s all about image for the owner.

I don’t give a f*** what people think of me. Give me a scrappy little rescue dog with one ear and a happy disposition over these monster dogs, any day of the week.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Ah ok. Good! I have three small dogs and yes they can sometimes run into the garden yapping their heads off, especially if they see a cat walking along one of the walls. Not all time though (and yes I do call them in). Most of the time in the garden they're quiet.

If any of my neighbours didn't like it I would hope they'd approach me.
I do have a good mate who lives up there - I'll ask him! 😉

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Great news - hope he gets on with it & adds pit bulls to the list plus Dobermans and any other aggressive powerfully built dog owned mainly by chavs & drug dealers.
I think pit bulls are banned. And derivatives. Which is why the Bully XL is already banned. I’m not sure why the government have not acted on the ban already?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Let’s hope the wet wipe can go through with his promise. Not a great history of delivering.

And why the delay?

This is good news but once banned how is this enforced, do existing dogs get taken off owners? How is it Policed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports